lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #1
Role
Gone Wild

Lightbulb Lithium Batteries for Club Car Precedent - Brainstorm, Feedback...

Building a custom cart for a gentleman and I got a request for Lithiums...

Looking to get around 50+ miles on a full charge - I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a 100ah lithium batteries.

Batteries will be used in a 2016 club car precedent, with a 48-72v Tac 1.0 DC to AC Induction system with OTF and AC motor.

I've researched different lithium batteries. "Trojans New Trilliums" being one of them, but for $1k a battery @ 110ah. I'm going to look elsewhere.

Another option, I looked at was HPEVS "drop-in golf cart system" with 100ah 48v lithium setup, built-in Orion BMS, equipped with an on-board DeltaQ charger and cooling fan. Price is still pretty high for those as well.

I stumbled upon another lithium option.. has anyone ever heard of extreme lithiums? http://www.facebook.com/xtremelithium/ ?
Prices were reasonable, but after talking with them back and forth, they said they utilize "bottom balancing" with no BMS.

Personally, I would rather have a built-in BMS to ensure no problems for longevity. He did say that he could build one with a BMS though. I'm just questioning the quality of work and if anyone has any experience with extreme lithium? I saw two negative reviews on youtube about them.

Anyone know or have some other sources for a good reputable brand? If I had more time, I may would entertain the idea of building my own - as I've seen a lot of you have done some really stellar builds of your own, but my time is limited for this project.

Feedback, suggestions, insight, direction? Your feedback is appreciated guys.
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2019, 12:08 AM   #2
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lithium Batteries for Club Car Precedent - Brainstorm, Feedback...

Photos of the Xtreme Lithium and the HPEVs easy drop in setup
Old 02-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #3
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Photos of the Xtreme Lithium and the HPEVs easy drop in setup
Not everyone does book of the faces. They need a website.
truetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #4
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by truetex View Post
Not everyone does book of the faces. They need a website.
I agree with you and they have a site, but apparently they either let their domain name expire or their hosting service has expired.

Nevertheless, if you personally don't have facebook - you wouldn't need it in order to view their facebook page and browse photos and their feed. But they definitely need to get their site back online.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
BeachRide
Not Yet Wild

Definitely interested in this thread.

I plan on doing an upgrade to lithium for the build I'm planning.

The second option you posted with the onboard BMS and charger built in looks promising. Please keep this thread updated.

Also, can you PM me the pricing you are getting for the HPEV? I'm trying to detail the budget this build as much as possible. Want it planned down to the last dollar.

Thanks!
BeachRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #6
joekapp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Do not buy from Xtreme Lithium. He is taking money and not shipping product. I had to do a Paypal claim to get my money back after over a month wait on delivery.
joekapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, li-ion, lifpo4, lithiums, trillium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car