lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2018, 09:00 AM   #1
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Any Reviews on the MODZ Rear Flip Seat

So I think I am ready to do the rear springs, shocks and rear flip seat. I was going to order the Steeleng heavy duty back seat (for like 5 years now) and they completely stopped making and ran out of them. I noticed on Golf Cart King they list a newer one made by MODZ for a reasonable price (DIY carries also). I was leaning toward the All American and will probably get the Hand Rail and the Hitch Receiver as well. Any thoughts?? 97 36v DCX, Alltrax 400 amp controller.
Thanks!
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
ecaldwell78
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Any Reviews on the MODZ Rear Flip Seat

I just finished installing one on a customer cart. They're "ok" for what they are. The backrest brackets are flimsy, the seat pan is stamped, and the cushions are a bit thin so that the covers don't fit tight. Instructions are adequate. I much prefer the Steleng, or even a GTW seat. It's not a terrible seat but i question the longevity of it. I hope this helps. Just an honest review.
ecaldwell78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

The regular Steeleng seat has the best cushions for sure. The GTW seats have decent beds, but the cushions are terrible.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK cool, I was also looking at the Madjax Genesis with grab bar and hitch, anyone had good luck with that and that combo of hitch and grab bar.??
Old 06-19-2018, 11:25 PM   #5
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I’ve got the GTW aluminum seat and I can lift it on and off the cart by myself, so far I like it. I have the hitch that bolts to the rear seat, but my gut says in the long run making tight turns weight on the trailer might not be good. I’m looking at the hitch that bolts to frame under the bag well and a 16” extension from harbor freight. Also I might make a bracket to bolt the extension to the seat to tie it all in for strength.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:25 AM   #6
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

that's a good idea about the hitch, will look into it too, just pulling small stuff, garden trailer may be a jet ski.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #7
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Jet ski is kinda heavy. I’m thinking of THIS and something like THIS. I’ll have to measure after I get the hitch on.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO