lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2016, 12:35 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charger not coming on

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerphoto View Post
Just bypassed obc,ran wire from yellow fuse holder to negative(last one in series) I had a stronger sounding relay click,but charger did not work,again charger works on another club car I have fine...
As I mentioned on my previous post, the negative charger wire runs through a circuit inside the OBC.

You can quickly verify this by running the negative wire from the back of the charger receptacle directly to the pack negative battery post.

If it works, You need a new OBC or a smart battery charger.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2016, 01:01 PM   #12
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had a similar problem on my DS. The small gray fused wire on the receptacle was broken internally. When I pulled on it, it came right out. I disassembled the receptacle and repaired it by soldering the wire back on. After that everything worked great.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:20 PM   #13
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Checked yellow fuse holder,wire is ok in charger port,cleaned charger port with 22 rifle brush,new question....do I have to rewire something inside charger to make it come on when I bypass OBC.?

Charger clicks and hums when I plug in,but does not move the ammeter (remember charger works great on another cart),ammeter works like it should.

back to problem cart.Voltage does not increase on batteries,while the charger hums.

Another question,the fused wire on back of charger is positive or negative?( not the gray wire, but the bigger one)
gardnerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:31 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The big fuse on the back of the charger receptacle is on the negative wire.

If the charger "clicks", the positive wire and the sense wire/fuse are connected and working.

Just run the negative wire from the charger receptacle directly to pack negative.

If current flows, let the pack charge and manually disconnect the charger AC plug when the pack gets to 60v, then replace the OBC or get a smart charger.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:41 PM   #15
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So connect gray wire and black wire(from back of charger port) to negative last in series?
Old 10-31-2016, 03:46 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerphoto View Post
So connect gray wire and black wire(from back of charger port) to negative last in series?
Yes.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:55 AM   #17
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Connected wires as directed, charger is charging,started at 15 amps,down to 12 after 1.5 hrs, batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car