lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #1
garveyjac
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Lithium Battery Store

I have been speaking with lithiumbatterystore.com on building a pack for my Stealth 4x4. They will custom build but have a 45 day lead time. Has anyone done business with these guys or know anything about them. Quoting a 48v 240AH 11.5 kw for about $4,400 or a 48v 360AH 18.4kwh for $5,900. Any comments or suggestions from Lithium gurus is appreciated.
garveyjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:02 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lithium Battery Store

Does this come with a charger? Do they provide a BMS (Battery Management System)? If so, what brand(s) of Charger and\or BMS?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds expensive.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:31 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would find out exactly what batteries they would be giving you in the packs. Along with what would the actual nominal voltages be.

It does sound expensive, I would definitely advise getting a BMS, if they don't build it into the pack.

At those AMP hours, you should be able to travel quite a distance! Keep in mind, regardless what road you go down as far as lithium batteries are concerned, amp hours between FLA and lithium are completely different.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:27 AM   #5
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

360ah? Doesn't that give you about 100 miles before charging? Do you have space enough to mount that big of a battery pack in your vehicle? I'm new to lithium, so excuse my ignorance.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:37 AM   #6
garveyjac
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is all inclusive with BMS and charger. I may be going overboard on size. I hunt on a large remote ranch in South Texas and don't want to get caught with dead batteries. No fun walking back in 100+ degree heat. It is custom built in one enclosure that fits in my battery box. Basically, plug and play and yes I am shooting for 100 mile range. I may back down to 240 amp to save money and weight.

For that size, I thought price was reasonable for custom built solution. Don't have time or smarts for a DIY system.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:47 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Even tho you are not "up to snuff" on all the in's n out's of lithium, you should still know some basic "stuff."

---Brand name of charger
---Brand name of BMS
---Will BMS top balance your pack?
---Will BMS trip off on Low Voltage (LV) if only one cell drops below a given setting?
---Will BMS trip off should your charger go nutz and forget to stop charging when your pack or even an individual cell reaches a specific parameter?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:17 AM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

As Dave and others are saying, I would want a full list of product(s), Spec's, and details in regards to how it is built, what is used in the build, charger amperage, CAN enabled or not, etc. etc.

That is a LOT of amp-hours so I know what my 60A/h can do and I cannot imagine needing anything more than 120a/h unless it was an "Extreme" cart....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:15 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That is 3X the size of my Leaf pack. Mine's 120AH. Still seems expensive.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:12 PM   #10
garveyjac
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Volt, you are making me think I am oversizing. The buggie will be used on a our hunting ranch and could be carrying 4 200+ lb guys to deer stands not to mention a deer or two. Our ranch is a little over 1 square mile. The terrain is brushy but not hilly. Would you feel your cart could go say 10 miles of driving with an 800 lb to 1000lb load with your setup.

Tags
battery, lithium, stealth, store
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car