lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2017, 09:22 AM   #501
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Default Re: The officially official Cougar Scooter build thread

Also, I decided to go a different and newer route with the stereo. I got a sweet class D 5 channel amp from Precision Power for $140:http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/181376081407

This is much more compact, efficient, plus I can mount it to the side of my sub box with all my adjustments easily accessible and (hopefully) without the need for the capacitor. I will also be able to run two fronts, two rears, and wire the sub for 2 ohms. It will be an experiment, but I like the idea.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #502
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous View Post
Also, my dumb a** put the crimp lead to the Anderson connector somewhere that I would always remember where it was so that when the BMS was sorted out, I could wire up the charging plug and try to charge the pack. Problem is, I don't remember where it was put. Dang.
Just put a ring terminal or male/female terminal on until you find it.

I am using the male/female terminals because I installed my charger onboard and used this connector.
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-Genius-G...PPNMA13C0J510E
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #503
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Yeah I'll for sure do something temporary if I get to the point that the battery is mounted and it still hasn't turned up. It will need to charge.

Last night e36racer and I drank about a dozen different kinds of beers and got a lot done. The front floor went back in, the pedals were mounted and linked up, and we started to fabricate a new pot box mount for the new pot box. Have it set up so that the pedal touches the floor as the pot box goes slightly past 5k ohms. Now I just need to paint it and mount it, plus clean and paint the former battery tray area, then I can mount the controller and wire everything up for a test run.

The faux team floor looks great in the front, but I damaged them when putting the brake pedal in. I plan to put some kind of heel pad there anyways as it will be a high wear area. Might use what I have left of the HDPE.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #504
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yeah I'll for sure do something temporary if I get to the point that the battery is mounted and it still hasn't turned up. It will need to charge.

Last night e36racer and I drank about a dozen different kinds of beers and got a lot done. The front floor went back in, the pedals were mounted and linked up, and we started to fabricate a new pot box mount for the new pot box. Have it set up so that the pedal touches the floor as the pot box goes slightly past 5k ohms. Now I just need to paint it and mount it, plus clean and paint the former battery tray area, then I can mount the controller and wire everything up for a test run.

The faux team floor looks great in the front, but I damaged them when putting the brake pedal in. I plan to put some kind of heel pad there anyways as it will be a high wear area. Might use what I have left of the HDPE.
OMG that floor looks great!
Nice build Furyous!
Don't float it on water it's not a boat!
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:56 AM   #505
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

You know how the trip home goes much faster than the trip there? It's kind of like that with a teardown/rebuild. Not only do things seem to progress much faster but as parts and pieces go back on I start finding pieces I was missing and the garage magically gets more organized and clean. Starts feeling like my entire life is in less disarray.

Anyways I was out of town all last week. I have three weeks until school starts again and I HAVE to have the cart running again by then. If you can imagine what it was like in high school to pull in the parking lot in the morning, jamming music and looking cool, it's kind of like that for the parents dropping off their kids in golf carts. Everybody has a pimped out ride and we have been deprived of that for a while. Yes, I'm talking about elementary school.

So I dabbed up the pot box mount before going out of town so I painted it and mounted it. Looks great, but now I realized that the arm is kind of flimsy pot metal and this heavy throttle linkage rests on it. I don't see it lasting so I have to come up with a solution. Maybe a pulley mounted underneath to take some of the weight?
I also started mounting the battery mounts and ran out of hardware. Will have to stop and get a pair of stainless nuts and bolts that fit. I finally found the lead to the Anderson connector I was looking for and crimped it on and wired it up to the battery- theoretically it will be ready to charge although I think I will wait until the beginning of the next night to try charging it outside. Don't want to risk blowing anything up. Not that I don't have confidence in the BMS wiring or anything, just new to lithium batteries and only limited experience with them in my RC cars. I'm sure I'm overreacting though. LA batteries are more dangerous in my opinion. Oh, you have a battery technology that leaks poisonous/corrosive/explosive gases? That can spill and burn you? You get the point.

Also mounted the controller mount and controller and began to experiment a little with charger placement. I can wait to get the battery mounted in its final place.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:25 AM   #506
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Had a few minutes last night so I finally mounted the battery and hope to never have to remove it for another ten years. Hooked it up to the charger and got it to 100%. The BMS worked great and did its job.

Now all that's left is to wire up everything for a test run, then work on all the 12v stuff and put the body back on!

After that will be bodywork and paint.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #507
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Very nice! Yes the class D amps are pretty great, small and efficient. I run two in my car total 1Kw and it gets louder than I need. Run a 5ga to them, 125a alternator and I have to turn the lights on, the AC, at idle, and just hammer it to get lights to dim. Its a difference even from class D on subs and AB on four doors took more power and less output, that was 4x75 now its 4x125. Kenwood makes some tiny 4ch amps now, as do some others. Just watch it some are not bridgeable.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #508
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Very nice! Yes the class D amps are pretty great, small and efficient. I run two in my car total 1Kw and it gets louder than I need. Run a 5ga to them, 125a alternator and I have to turn the lights on, the AC, at idle, and just hammer it to get lights to dim. Its a difference even from class D on subs and AB on four doors took more power and less output, that was 4x75 now its 4x125. Kenwood makes some tiny 4ch amps now, as do some others. Just watch it some are not bridgeable.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm excited. I have been a stereohead since the late 80's and can't wait to play with this thing. I am going to try it without the capacitor I used for the old class A/B amp I was using. Here's what I went with for $139 new!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precision-Po...72.m2749.l2649
Old 08-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #509
Venteuri
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Nice work!

What is that floor?
What's a faux team floor?
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #510
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venteuri View Post
Nice work!

What is that floor?
What's a faux team floor?

Sorry, should be "faux teak" floor. This is knock off material to the name brand Seadek. It is self adhesive flooring for boats that comes in a variety of colors. i ordered a 4x8 sheet on Ebay for $100 or so. It is on top of an aluminum floor that I cut from an old boat fuel tank.

You can get it here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deluxe-EVA-F...dm2CYA&vxp=mtr
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides