lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
weaselkeeper
Not Yet Wild

Question CC motor/controller upgrade but no speed

I just upgraded from a stock motor/controller on a 2000 CC DS series wound cart and installed a Plumquick bandit motor, a 550amp controller, new batteries and 2ga cables. The stock speed was 14mph but now with the new motor etc the best speed I'm seeing is 18mph, I was expecting around 22 or 23 mph. I've checked everythimg I can think of (tire press, brake drag, front steering) Any suggestions ?
weaselkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CC motor/controller upgrade but no speed

Part of your problem may be that the batterys are not broke in until 30 plus discharge-charge cycles or more depending on battery amp hour ratings? With all additions you are putting a very heavy load that batterys wont be able to handle for now? Also so often missed is that only 6 gauge battery cables were replaced and not 6 gauge cables going to solenoid, motor and F&R control?
Another thing to check is linkage from pedal to MCOR as wear to cheap quality parts dont allow full travel ?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

pasrt of it will be the batteries need broke in, new they are 75 to 80% but as you charge/discharge them they will work up to 100% and you,ll notice a difference when you get there so make sure you break them in right....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Don't neglect the F&R. It will need upgrading also. The motor can only draw as much amperage as you can squeeze thru the F&R in a series cart.

But..... I'm confused...... here is the Bandit motor description from PQ website....

The Bandit - Model #PQ32BCC
Speed up to 25mph (with stock controller, good quality battery pack, and removed Regen).
PQ32BCC - "The Bandit" 48 Volt Sepex motor 10 spline, 2002 and up - $225.00
This motor will fit 2002 and up Club Car IQ 10 spline differentials. This is a stock GE IQ motor with performance upgrade. Motor change only with Regen removed. For added performance, you can upgrade the controller, wires, and solenoid.
Purple motors are upgraded stock motors that you, the customer ship to us for speed and torque performance upgrades.

Are you sure you have a series cart? Did you send your motor in? What controller are you using?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
weaselkeeper
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the tips, yes the batteries need to be broken in, they've had a dozen cycles or so of charge, all the cables have been replaced in the system but I do still need to replace the F&R switch to a heavy duty one
Old 10-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
weaselkeeper
Not Yet Wild

The V-glide linkage is adjusted properly and there are no dead spots, I've checked the ohm values
Old 10-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you verify that you have the right motor for your cart?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
weaselkeeper
Not Yet Wild

It's the correct motor, I've talked to the Steens about it and they're at a loss too
Old 10-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #9
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Did you check and make sure you have 48v going to motor. Sometimes its easy to leave a battery out, i.e. maybe you have a battery wired parallel instead of in series.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car