lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
mparkm@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Question Steps to Take painting

I am sanding down my metal 1984 ezgo body for painting. I got It down to 400 grit right now. I am going to use spray rattle cans to paint Blue. I was planning on just using rustoleum. I know I need to primer, base, and clear. But what are the exact steps in order, I cant find exactly what to do its all scattered around. So..... 3 light coats metal prime, then wetsand with 1000 grit? then lights coats of base color till its were you want it?

Mainly I dont understand The whole prime sand prime sand prime sand wetsand prime again wetsand again. Can someone just let me know all the staright steps. Thanks
mparkm@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Steps to Take painting

There is a paint section in the "design center" section that will answer all your questions....
BUT, I did paint my 88 Marathon with rustoleum. What I did was sand it down with the 400 grit like you did. Shot the primer and wetsanded it with the 400 grit. Then shot 3 coats of rustoleum. Then I wetsanded that with 1500 and did a finish sand with 2000. Then I buffed it out with a power buffer and some rubbing compound. I didn't know rustoleum could shine like that. I used no clear coat, but I guess you could if you wanted to. Just make sure you give it the time it needs to dry. Rustoleum takes forever. I did a day or two between coats and about 3 days before I wetsanded.
If you don't give it its time the paint will wrinkle on you. Then it sucks to have to sand the wrinkles out and reshoot it.

Good Luck
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO