lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
E-racer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Vintage CC, One Speed.....FAST!

I'm working on a 74 CC for a friend. It ran fine until he ran it into a wall. It then went toyally dead. He had done some trouble shooting before I got ahold it, but here's where I'm at... The 1st solenoid was clicking when I started,I fried the first solenoid troubleshooting, replaced solenoid, still no motion, but it was clicking again. I bypassed the second solenoid and the motor turned. So I replaced the second solenoid, dead. I bypassed the second solenoid, motor turned, all I have is top speed. What is the issue? I looked at some of the other posts I'm guessing I have a combination of problems here.
E-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
gpetruska77
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Vintage CC, One Speed.....FAST!

i have an 81 cc. (5 solenoids i had same problem.)if you remove all the wires on the solenoids. ohm test the small terminals they should create an open test if not bad. thats what i was told by local cc repair guy by me.
gpetruska77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
E-racer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So I guess the thought is that some or all of the solenoids are bad thus allowing maiximum amps to flow no matter where the throttle is positioned.

Thanks 77, I'll test for that
Old 06-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

trace all your wires and cables if they are all good and intact replace all of the solenoids.......the one furthest left without the coil on top is master so wheels will not spin when that one engages.............you should get slo mo at the 2nd solenoid click thats 1st speed the next is 2nd than 3rd and 4th.............so replace them all and be done with it if you have a few you know are good save them for spares..................also the resistor coils on top of solenoids make sure none are touching around coils you want a gab between them all and the mounting surfaces good and clean.........if things are rusty than soak with PB blaster over night than start work on it and also make sure to disconnect main battery pos and neg cable......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
E-racer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you Tom,
This cart does not have coils directly on the solenoid (from photo's and descriptions it's circa '74), but it does have a board where all the coils reside with connections from each solenoid to the coils, which are rusty. I will check all connections you have suggested as well as the previously suggested solenoid testing. My first concern was the contact housing that basically controls which solenoids are engaged (throttle). Could this also be an area of concern? He doesn't want to dump alot of money into this beast trying to find a solution, it's just not worth the money.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car