lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2020, 09:53 AM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Ignitors on these EZGO MCI and Pre MCI golf carts

This is my thinking. I see so many posts with people have issues with carts not firing.
If this is wrong then someone can correct me :)

I would assume these cart golf carts have an ignition system similar to the older GM vehicles with HEI.

AC signal on the pulser coil mounted near flywheel has the magnet ( Air gap has to be set at around.030) and when engine spins and hits that one place on flywheel. The 1/2 volt that the pulser produces if is it good is AC voltage. It is then sent to the ignitor which converts it to square wave DC voltage.

The transistor in the module closes (the job of the old ignition points) and charges the coil.

Next signal disconnects the transistor and the coil fires the spark plugs.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2020, 03:18 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ignitors on these EZGO MCI and Pre MCI golf carts

Trig, if you are considering using an alternative, you may want to research the site for others who have tried an alternative igniter. Some have had success, but others have failed. The most successful just happen to be the two strokes. The four strokes seem to struggle with alternatives for some reason. I have not attempted to try anything myself, but over the years i have been here, many have.

It would be interesting to find something that works thats cheaper than oem because as we both know, aftermaket igniters are only good for holing paper on the desk!
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO