lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2020, 02:26 PM   #11
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring Multiple LED Lights to Fuse Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
Im in the process of making you a drawing but need to know if your reducer has a "switch" wire on it. Could you post a link to the reducer you have?

Wayne
Thank you!

I was trying to reply but was on my phone and it was being weird.

No, my reducer doesn't have a switch.
Caseyrollins08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2020, 02:31 PM   #12
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I also dont see the amber lights you have on the front shown on your drawing.

Does the reducer you got, does it have a switch wire?

I would recommend you install a relay to power the lights.

Wayne
The amber lights I didn't include in my drawing because it was getting too clustered but I plan on wiring them the same way that I wire the headlights and brake lights. So I guess with their own relay? Ugh, I'm not a fan of electrical work!
Old 12-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #13
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know the reducer doesnt have a switch im asking if it has a wire coming out of it that you hook to a switch does it doesnt pull power all the time even with the cart off.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:10 PM   #14
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry, that's what I was meaning. There's no wire coming out of the reducer that hooks to a switch. There are only 4 wires. Red and Black 48+ input and Black and Yellow 12 volt output.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #15
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here's some ideas for you - this is basically how I have mine wired.

Diagram 1 - This has the Reducer switched via the key switch and a separate switch. This way the reducer is only powered when the key is on and the switch is on. If the key is off, everything is off. If the key is on you can still switch the reducer off (and therefore ALL accessories) with the separate switch.

Diagram 2 - Same as diagram 1 but without the separate switch. The reducer is controlled by the key switch.

Diagram 3 - Lights with a simple switch. The +12V and -12V come from your fuse block.

Diagram 4 - Lights with an illuminated switch. The +12V and -12V come from your fuse block.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reducer wiring key and toggle.jpg (85.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Reducer wiring key only.jpg (74.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg simple light switch.jpg (48.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Illuminated Light switch to lights.jpg (50.6 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:28 AM   #16
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is the drawing i did. After finishing it i realized i forgot to include that fuse block you have but basically you would install that where i have the fuse located. As for wiring the reducer to the ignition switch you would wire it like yawood showed after your fuse block.

The "Green" wiring is your negatives. The "Black or Pink" is your positives.

The Green/Pink piece is a terminal block exactly like i have on my sons Raptor that i pictured above. You should be able find them at Lowes/HD or any hardware store. I find that using them allows you to connect a bunch of wires while not using butt connectors.

Im also a huge fan of TechFlex or AlexTech wire loom for a super clean install.

Wayne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring.jpg (86.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #17
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
Here's some ideas for you - this is basically how I have mine wired.

Diagram 1 - This has the Reducer switched via the key switch and a separate switch. This way the reducer is only powered when the key is on and the switch is on. If the key is off, everything is off. If the key is on you can still switch the reducer off (and therefore ALL accessories) with the separate switch.

Diagram 2 - Same as diagram 1 but without the separate switch. The reducer is controlled by the key switch.

Diagram 3 - Lights with a simple switch. The +12V and -12V come from your fuse block.

Diagram 4 - Lights with an illuminated switch. The +12V and -12V come from your fuse block.

Thank you so much Yawood! I'm going to "attempt" to wire mine up like you show in diagram 1 tonight. Just crossing my fingers!
Old 12-03-2020, 09:04 AM   #18
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
This is the drawing i did. After finishing it i realized i forgot to include that fuse block you have but basically you would install that where i have the fuse located. As for wiring the reducer to the ignition switch you would wire it like yawood showed after your fuse block.

The "Green" wiring is your negatives. The "Black or Pink" is your positives.

The Green/Pink piece is a terminal block exactly like i have on my sons Raptor that i pictured above. You should be able find them at Lowes/HD or any hardware store. I find that using them allows you to connect a bunch of wires while not using butt connectors.

Im also a huge fan of TechFlex or AlexTech wire loom for a super clean install.

Wayne

How you show my lights exactly running to the terminal block is VERY helpful! I've also already purchased the terminal blocks and wire loom that you mentioned from Amazon and will get it tonight. I will provide an update after I get it all hooked up. Or ask more questions while I'm hooking it up. Lol

Thanks for taking your time to draw that out for me.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #19
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Alright, I've updated my diagram using both Wayne's and Bruce's drawings above and now I would like to see if my updated drawing is correct... I just want to have it all lined out before I actually start installing it. I have a couple of questions with my new drawing.

* Are the negative and positive wires coming from the terminal block and running to the fuse block correct?

* If I have changed my mind about the voltage meter and I would like it always on so I can see where my batteries are at while charging, can I go straight to the batteries main negative and main positive batteries?

* Also, since I have an off switch for the reducer I don't think I'll also need a switch specifically for the lights. Do I have those wires running correctly?

Note: Since Wayne drew out the wire location for all of my lights I didn't feel it was necessary to show each of those running to the terminal block in my drawing.

Thanks in advanced, again!
Attached Images
File Type: png FRANK2.PNG (41.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #20
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

I literally just hit "Submit Reply" on a post i just spend 45mins typing and instead of post my reply it refreshed the page erasing my freaking post!!!

Give me a few and ill redo it.

Wayne
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car