lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2020, 10:09 PM   #1
Orangie
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Rear seat step

I’m curious if anyone has modified their rear seat step. My family’s dog spends a lot of time on the back when the seat is folded down. Since I lifted the cart it can can be a bit for her to hop up on the back. I’m thinking of extending the step so she can use it when the seat is down. Thanks for your input [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2020, 11:59 PM   #2
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Rear seat step

I did modify mine but it would not stick out nearly far enough for your doggy to get up on the seat.
How about taking something like 1/4inch plywood and making a rectangular box he can jump up on, then onto the seat. You could add tread tape to keep him from slipping. Then you could put the box on the seat's footrest, secured with a bungee cord, while you ride him around.
Unless he's a St. Bernard the 1/4inch would work. LOL
Pet stores have carpet covered steps that you can purchase. There is one that is only 2 steps so it would fit on the footrest for storage. They're made of a heavy cardboard so I don't know how much weight they hold. They're a little pricey.
Good luck with your project!
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #3
Orangie
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Rear seat step

Thanks for the input! I like the idea of being portable and somewhat NOT in the way. I have a plan to extend the current lower step about 12”. Probably attaching a piece of plywood with a topper clamp or two. She is only 45lbs so not bad. I have time to collect materials cause it’s in storage for the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts