lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2020, 10:10 AM   #21
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: A-Arm Coilover Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimac View Post
What are the coil overs from? They look to be too short for a car, but heavier than on my motorcycles. Are the springs changeable?
The listing says Dirt Pit Bike ATV Go Kart Baja Buggy Quad basically meaning its just a Chinese Generic/Universal Shock.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #22
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Should be able to figure out a good fit for this if you know you want that 8” end to end length as your static height, you also know what your max end to end needs to be so you don’t hit the frame. Does anyone know about what the weight distribution is on these carts? My guess would be 60% rear 40% front.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:38 AM   #23
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
9" still might be a little long but with a low spring rate you can adjust they may work. Where do you see it says they are 350lb? At the bottom it says 110kg which is 242lb which might be pretty good. I noticed it has the large sleeves in the bushings like the ones i got so you will need to make new sleeves like i did.

Wayne
I bought these, will let you know.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26334012743...m=263340127430
Bigjmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:04 PM   #24
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjmain View Post
Report back with results. Looks interesting.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:26 AM   #25
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Report back with results. Looks interesting.
Tomorrow is the big day, front end disassembled to should know by end of day tomorrow a report on this.

Im hopeful since the ride height of the shock was 8.5 to 9 inch...

I do not recommend removing the helper spring in general, it rides too low ~7 inch ride height almost fully compressed. I would keep that in there or just upgrade to coilovers.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:43 PM   #26
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Tomorrow is the big day, front end disassembled to should know by end of day tomorrow a report on this.

Im hopeful since the ride height of the shock was 8.5 to 9 inch...

I do not recommend removing the helper spring in general, it rides too low ~7 inch ride height almost fully compressed. I would keep that in there or just upgrade to coilovers.
Did you make the bushings for them using the 1/4” pipe Nipple? The tops are 1”, the bottoms were actually a little longer. Never measured them to be sure what more like 1-3/16 to 1-1/4”.

Wayne
Old 12-07-2020, 02:57 PM   #27
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Did you make the bushings for them using the 1/4” pipe Nipple? The tops are 1”, the bottoms were actually a little longer. Never measured them to be sure what more like 1-3/16 to 1-1/4”.

Wayne
One of these and cut to length?

\https://www.homedepot.com/p/Mueller-...20HN/100163027
Old 12-07-2020, 03:28 PM   #28
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yes sir, that’s what I used. The I.D. is just a hair to small so I ran a 5/16” drill bit through it to make it the correct I.D.

The stock sleeve length on the stock shocks is 1”. The shock on my All Sports upper control arms were a little wider. Sure you could tighten the bolt up which would squeeze the bracket but instead of doing that cutting the sleeve the correct length would be better. But being as this isn’t a brand new lift your lower shock brackets on the UCAs are probably already the width needed. Just measure to insure you cut the sleeves the correct length.

Wayne
Old 12-07-2020, 03:38 PM   #29
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes sir, that’s what I used. The I.D. is just a hair to small so I ran a 5/16” drill bit through it to make it the correct I.D.

The stock sleeve length on the stock shocks is 1”. The shock on my All Sports upper control arms were a little wider. Sure you could tighten the bolt up which would squeeze the bracket but instead of doing that cutting the sleeve the correct length would be better. But being as this isn’t a brand new lift your lower shock brackets on the UCAs are probably already the width needed. Just measure to insure you cut the sleeves the correct length.

Wayne
Ok, any chance I can just reuse the bushings from the shock? This is a lifted onward with lift from the factory.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:46 PM   #30
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Quote:
Ok, any chance I can just reuse the bushings from the shock? This is a lifted onward with lift from the factory.
I sure would. Taking a steel pipe then removing the galvanize inside (if any) to slip a bolt into is asking for trouble unless you never seize the heck out of it. No guarantee if you’re near salt water.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car