lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #1
tschrader
Not Yet Wild

Default yamaha works on part throttle

2013 yamaha cart worked fine then washed it and stopped moving. It does work when just barely pushing gas pedal but if you push to far cuts off. Let off for 5 seconds will move slow again. battery is at 5.7v. The rest at 8.2, could the problem simply be bad battery? I do here clicking in solenoid and controller. Im novice to the golf cart but am handy just not great with electric. Thanks for any help
tschrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2020, 02:49 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha works on part throttle

Bad battery for sure. Its probably time for a whole new set. Most places (me included) wont offer any warranty on a new battery mixed in with an old set. The old ones will quickly turn the new one into an "old one" that matches the other old ones. If your set on keeping the other old ones, buy a decent used battery to fill the spot. A golf cart dealership always has a "core pallet" that you can choose a used one from, and if your nice to the people, they will likely help you "pick a winner". (The tech's know what's decent). Most battery replacement jobs are done due to 1 or 2 really crappy batteries, there are usually some left that would be a good match for your likewise "not so awesome" batteries. I ran my cart to & from work on the best of "not so awesome" batteries for a while too.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:24 AM   #3
tschrader
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: yamaha works on part throttle

Thank you. Im fine with replacing the whole set I just wanted to verify it was the battery causing the issue. Thank you again
tschrader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery little power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha