lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2020, 07:34 AM   #21
Airstream65
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Experience with Color Bond LVP to paint vinyl seats?

By the description of your golf cart mods, you have thousands of dollars in upgrades. Save up for the seat covers!
Airstream65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2020, 08:26 AM   #22
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds like you are pretty set on trying the vinyl paint. Please give it a shot and let the rest of us know how it turns out. I am curious. Personally, I would re-cover. I have done 4 carts this past year all with covers from Up2Par. Very happy with their product and prices. Great color selection and you can do multi color. I bought a pneumatic stapler and it works great, No reason why a hand stapler would not work but you will get tired quickly. It is nice when you are pulling it tight to just hit it a couple times with the pneumatic. I use S/S staples. To me the most important thing was to buy a good staple puller. That makes all the difference and it still is a pain in the you know what. Only about $8 on Amazon. This is my last re-cover. Actually a custom color from Up2Par and it matched the paint perfectly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201024_141536_resized[6565].jpg (1.05 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201024_141721_resized[6559].jpg (1.26 MB, 0 views)
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:06 AM   #23
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoore View Post
Sounds like you are pretty set on trying the vinyl paint. Please give it a shot and let the rest of us know how it turns out. I am curious. Personally, I would re-cover. I have done 4 carts this past year all with covers from Up2Par. Very happy with their product and prices. Great color selection and you can do multi color. I bought a pneumatic stapler and it works great, No reason why a hand stapler would not work but you will get tired quickly. It is nice when you are pulling it tight to just hit it a couple times with the pneumatic. I use S/S staples. To me the most important thing was to buy a good staple puller. That makes all the difference and it still is a pain in the you know what. Only about $8 on Amazon. This is my last re-cover. Actually a custom color from Up2Par and it matched the paint perfectly.
Given that I don’t even know what a “staple puller” is, I’m gonna stay far far away from installing my own seat covers, thanks. There’s another active thread right now about inexpensive seat cover install, and even that guy said his electric stapler was unmatched for the job. No way me and my hand stapler are going to cut it. If I go the cover route, $200 is a total no-brainer to have an upholstery professional do the install.

I’m gonna take a hard, honest look at my seats today and decide how much prep work it would take to get them painted (by me).
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:28 AM   #24
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoore View Post
Very nice jamoore! I don't even have a staple remover, needle nose pliers work just fine for me. I have better staplers, but I like the manual because I would rather have it set too shallow than too deep. Easy to just tap it down after everything looks good. I too have used Up2Par for years.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:56 AM   #25
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this is not rocket science! I took my seat off and took a few pics (obviously some of this is under other seat parts but you get the point).

At the end of the day if paint is your best choice, rock on. This just isn't all that hard to do if you really want to recover though.

I won't post anymore on this subject; I promise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GC Seat Staples 2.jpg (125.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg GC Seat Staples 3.jpeg (143.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GC Seat Staples 1.jpg (117.4 KB, 0 views)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:58 AM   #26
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I think you should use the Color Bond. Only option. Take pics.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:05 AM   #27
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
They said it wouldn't work. I have no idea. This thread is about seat PAINT!

I think I'm going to give the Color Bond a try if it looks like a 75º day is in my future.
Weird, I do about 100 carts a year and used a hand stapler for the first two years of business, worked fine. And to this day, that same hand staple gun is in my "service call" bag and does still do a great job stapling on sest covers to this very day!
The people advising you to recover are giving you good advice. Do it once, do it right. But, to each their own. Good luck with whatever you decide!
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 01:42 AM   #28
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this is not rocket science! I took my seat off and took a few pics (obviously some of this is under other seat parts but you get the point).

At the end of the day if paint is your best choice, rock on. This just isn't all that hard to do if you really want to recover though.

I won't post anymore on this subject; I promise
Stop taking those seats off, Simi. You might scratch them! Remember, you promised to leave them to me in your Will. Well, I could swear you did.
Still think they are the best looking seats I've seen.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:53 AM   #29
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

For some reason I am unable to remember that conversation, CC!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:08 PM   #30
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

As everyone has said. Your cart, do it the way you want. My final comment is simply do not be afraid of getting a seat cover set and installing them yourselves. Trust me and all the others who have said the same, it is really not hard to do at all. You can easily do it. I had never done one until earlier this year and now I have done 4 carts. Recovering the seats is actually one of my favorite parts of re-doing a golf cart. The difference new covers makes is amazing. You can easily do it. This site is all about helping others and providing advice is part of that. You just decide after all the input which way you want to go. PS, This is a staple puller. Not a must have but I think it works better than a flat head screw driver for getting under and leveraging out staples. For around $8 or so on Amazon it is a nice to have in my opinion.20201108_175308_resized[6877].jpg

20201108_175408_resized[6879].jpg
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car