lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2020, 01:27 PM   #21
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Vanguard Vtwin 16hp with cam and rev kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
That is sort of the opposite view of your 8/19/2019 comment on my "$999 23 Hp vanguard engine" thread ? Take a look. They are certainly glued in.
Ray what are you talking about? My God man, are you just bound and determined to prove me wrong? Why do you keep coming to my threads and acting crazy, like a psycho ex girlfriend hahaha. What's your deal bro?

Did you actually look back at one of my old posts? Are you writing down all my comments you dont like on a little snoopy notepad? I'm actually disturbed by you.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #22
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Anyway, rayhd is trying to call me out on saying something contradictory. He's wrong again as usual hahaha 😅 Ray, you have my permission and blessing to stay off my threads. If you don't, it will be ever apparent that you are obsessed with me hahahaha 😆. This is very disturbing to me that he would take that much time to go look at some one sentence old post from last year and try and make me look stupid on my own thread. The egg is on his face. Good job making yourself look creepy and strange Ray.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:16 PM   #23
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I agree Ray is a disturbing individual he likes think he knows everything and we all know..................
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:01 PM   #24
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

slo
you got a couple of Builds under your belt, and you post a lot of pictures, but one thing there is you should know, I ain't sharpest to in the shed. you have a way of breaking things down, were even a guy on the short bus can understand, thanks for that...

just remember haters are going to hate, it might be an envy thing, maybe a touch of jealousy, I really don't know I've been gone for a while but it's great to be back!!!!

UGOSLO...... no pun intended
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:47 AM   #25
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
slo
you got a couple of Builds under your belt, and you post a lot of pictures, but one thing there is you should know, I ain't sharpest to in the shed. you have a way of breaking things down, were even a guy on the short bus can understand, thanks for that...

just remember haters are going to hate, it might be an envy thing, maybe a touch of jealousy, I really don't know I've been gone for a while but it's great to be back!!!!

UGOSLO...... no pun intended
Thanks bud!
Old 10-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #26
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Today I should be receiving a spare 16hp intake manifold I bought used. My intention is to see if I can fit a 90 degree rubber carb spigot from a Mikuni. I've been doing some reading about carb sizing for the Vanguards. It goes like this.

16hp Vanguard = 17.5 mm venturi size
18hp Vanguard = 19.0 mm venturi size
23hp Vanguard = 21.0 mm venturi size

Now, the thought that the 23hp engine (and 20hp version) have a two barrel carb is a little misleading. Yes it has two barrels....but it's not two barrels for one cylinder. It's actually made so that each cylinder has it's own venturi. So each cylinder gets 21.0 mm size venturi. It's not a "true" two barrel.

This would make sense why people running big carbs have trouble doing the jetting. Not to say that the big carbs don't work, because I got a 42mm Mikuni CV carb AND a 34mm VM Mikuni to work pretty well. Now with each one of those carbs, the plugs would foul out often and there was constantly black soot in the muffler. So they ran rich....very rich!

I have heard that the Briggs engines don't like too much fuel, and this venturi size chart I found confirms this.

I know I know, lots of people run the big carbs. But here's the thing.....those big carbs want to run "wide open" and they don't like to run slow like around the campground or in the back yard. Also, when pulling a load like a trailer, those big carbs tend to have trouble getting going, but when the rpm moves up past 2500 they do ok.

So....my next experiment will be on this 16....

1. Can I get a Mikuni carb hooked up to the manifold?

2. Can it run better with the cam and rev kit vs. the stock carb?

3. Can it run without bogging at low rpm?

4. Can it run well and not foul out the plugs?
Old 10-28-2020, 08:52 AM   #27
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

One of my ideas is to use the GY6 go kart engine carb. There is a kit on Amazon that sells for like $32 that is a 24mm venturi size. I ordered one of these a long time ago for my VC440 project and it worked ok. What I like about this kit is it has the 90 degree elbow rubber spigot for the carb. I think I can make this fit the 16 Vanguard. So..... I ordered the manifold and the carb kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16 vanguard intake manifold.jpg (18.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GY6 carb kit.jpg (20.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-28-2020, 03:27 PM   #28
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Received the intake, bolt holes measure 1.36", which matches up to a carb spigot for a 28 mm mikuni style carb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201028_155622.jpg (250.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201028_155628.jpg (191.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201028_155642.jpg (194.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201028_155826.jpg (235.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-28-2020, 03:29 PM   #29
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The throat opening on the intake would need to be port matched. The throat of the intake measures 1" or 25mm. So, flow wise, the maximum effective venturi size would be 25mm. I think the new GY6 carb I ordered is a 24mm. That would work I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201028_155841.jpg (223.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201028_160313.jpg (237.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-28-2020, 03:34 PM   #30
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Here are the two carbs I have to work with. One is a GY6 carb and the throat measures 1.23" or 31mm. The other is a Raptor 250 carb and measures 1.3" or 33mm. I'm thinking these will be too large, but I can try them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201028_160906.jpg (285.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201028_160925.jpg (244.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201028_161001.jpg (216.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!