lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
rsc68
Not Yet Wild

Default Service and Repair Manuals

I am looking for the Service and Repair Manual for a 2014 Bad Boy Buggies Ambush iS. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
rsc68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Service and Repair Manuals

BBB are on a ezgo frame. I moved your thread to Ezgo electric forum

Electric or gas?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #3
rsc68
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
BBB are on a ezgo frame. I moved your thread to Ezgo electric forum

Electric or gas?
Thanks for the response.

It's the hybrid. Gas for the rear wheels and electric for the front.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:31 PM   #4
rib33024

Ok there is not a lot of manuals for the BBB's some one will be along to help you. Hang in there. Tell more about the problem you are having

Welcome to BGW
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
rsc68
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok there is not a lot of manuals for the BBB's some one will be along to help you. Hang in there. Tell more about the problem you are having

Welcome to BGW
Thank you for the welcome.

As for the problems with the BBB Ambush iS, here is a synopsis:

I was asked to assist in troubleshooting this machine over a year ago. Neither gas nor electric mode was functioning. The controller (Curtis 1234-5375) was found to be dead so another one was obtained. That one was indicating error code 25. It was sent to FSIP and repaired. The controller was no longer indicating any errors but the machine would still not function in either gas or electric mode.

A Curtis 1311-4401 was rented to allow access to the controller. This has helped in making some progress.

The machine is still non-functional in gas mode but it will now operate in reverse in electric mode by jumpering the neutral switch. However, it will not try to go forward in electric mode. In addition, none of the LEDs on the keyswitch circuit board illuminate no matter which position the keyswitch is in and the direction actuator controlled by the TCM shows no movement regardless of the keyswitch position. Since the actuator (via the TCM) and the LEDs look to be controlled by commands communicated over the CAN bus, the CAN bus wires were checked and all show continuity among the connected devices. Also, since the Curtis controller is not indicating any error codes, I am assuming, possibly incorrectly, that the CAN bus is working.

Consequently, I'm now suspicious of the TCM, the LED circuit board, or the direction actuator.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:13 AM   #6
fulltimecamper
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Welcome to BGW

Any luck finding any wiring diagrams. Looking for a 2013 ambush hybrid electrical diagram.
fulltimecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #7
rsc68
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltimecamper View Post
Any luck finding any wiring diagrams. Looking for a 2013 ambush hybrid electrical diagram.
No, I have had no luck, whatsoever. I've even tried PMing others who have had success in past posts but have received no replies.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:38 AM   #8
jwol
Not Yet Wild

Also looking for this manual. Ambush (not IS) with no regen. Similar problem. jarrettengland@gmail.com anyone out there please send me the manual!

Mine worked fine until approximately the same time the Powerwise QE charger blew up. I'd had instances of it jumping in and out of gear, not going all the way in, etc. But overall it was fine. Electric motor on mine functions perfectly in both directions. Gas actuator not working with code 23 on the dash LEDs matching the gear position(2 blinks by the F/N/R wherever the key is turned to with the 3 blinks beside Gas on the electric/hybrid/gas switch). I removed actuator(may have been my mistake) prior to finding the 5A fuse blown above the controller under the hood. Upon installing a new fuse, it immediately fully retracted the actuator. It came back out a little bit before retracting again all within a second or so. I'm afraid this was trying to center neutral and I messed up by having it off when it did it. And then went into code 22 and wouldn't move further or follow the commands of the switch. After a half day of spinning my wheels on it, I disassembled the actuator and manually extended it again and it manually contracted again. When I did this the second time it never moved again, and is back to code 23, before I quit on it for the day.

Basically, I need to know what dash codes 22 and 23 are and how to troubleshoot them.
jwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:22 PM   #9
Reggoins
Not Yet Wild

I’m having about the same problem and codes. Runs fine in electric but the actuator won’t shift. Would love a copy of a service manual or any advice

Thanks
Reggoins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:48 AM   #10
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Reggoins,
You need a few more posts before you can receive Private Messages.
Chuck
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO