lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2020, 07:28 AM   #1
cody.hockenbrock
Not Yet Wild

Default 91 ezgo textron springs

Hey guys, I'm new to the group here and want to stiffen up the back end on my 91 ezgo textron. From what I've read all the coils are not available. What ways are you guys stiffening up the rear on these? All help would be greatly appreciated! BTW also doing the ebay block lift for this. Do not know if that plays a role. Just want to add the back seat.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
cody.hockenbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #2
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 ezgo textron springs

If they are the original springs, I would recommend replacing them. Since you mention you are planning on a lift and seat kit, I would suggest to get heavy duty (4 leaf) leaf springs and replace all bushings.
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:37 PM   #3
cody.hockenbrock
Not Yet Wild

Is there a leaf conversion made for this? Rather stick with springs if there is something that cross references to the stock ones but stiffer. Or maybe install a helper spring inside that spring? Just thoughts, not to sure.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
cody.hockenbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:13 PM   #4
Kristopherjh83
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Check out my cart on my profile. I believe we have the same thing. I made my own lift but it’s a block lift like you buy pretty much. 4” lift. 22” tires. I used all original springs and shocks just made extensions but my cart came with the hd leafs up front. Still I did put another strap on them to stiffen up and also welded a flat bar over top leaf and had another leaf sping hardware bracket to bolt to axle weldment. I found the rebound and tires wanting to roll under cart going over logs and stuff. It’s stiff now but I ain’t worried about folding the front end up. Low psi on tires help and when I’m hauling stuff it rides great. Pretty much like a truck when you load it down.
Kristopherjh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:48 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Is there shocks on the rear of your cart? If so, use some coil overs like from an atv.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:50 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
If they are the original springs, I would recommend replacing them. Since you mention you are planning on a lift and seat kit, I would suggest to get heavy duty (4 leaf) leaf springs and replace all bushings.
That cart has coil springs in the rear.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts