lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2020, 11:32 AM   #11
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RHOX 7" A-Arm Lift...what needs changed to use on 1999 TXT?

Just an update, it will take some effort to reweld the vertical supports of the donor 4-bolt front frame section back to the main frame. The only weld plate on the frame that is in the correct location for the new front end is next to the pedals. You need to add steel weld plates to tie the vertical supports back to the frame. This means upside down welding, and for me, pitifully ugly welds. I see some grinding in some tight spots to clean this up, as it will be exposed behind the lift. In hind sight, it might have been better to figure out exactly where those weld plates need to be, and get them welded in prior to installing the front frame section. More room to work and get better weldment, and a cleaner install. If you did the weld plates correctly, you could even do bolted connections in those locations if you want. I will also have to cut a small sliver off the passenger side spring mount plate as the old three bolt front frame mount weld plate is in the way. Easier to cut the lift at this point than the weld plate...again, would have preferred to take the weld plate out before I welded the new front end in, just limited space now, so easier to take it off the RHOX lift plate. No affect on structural ability....just the edge of the plate. Planning thought for those that may go this direction in the future.

I won't show pictures of those locations on my machine...the welds are embarrasing.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2020, 10:56 PM   #12
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

RHOX 7" LT installed on a pre-2001.5 TXT.
If you plan to go this route, be prepared to do some cutting, welding, etc. along the front frame as discussed earlier. The later model hubs are not as deep and sit on shorter spindles. These spindles come with the kit. If you have a 4 bolt steering column, 2001.5+ hubs, ability to add a 4 bolt plate for the column, and can cut/weld the frame...it is doable.
20201120_221417.jpg
Old 11-23-2020, 11:25 PM   #13
mjvaden
Not Yet Wild

I am working on the same thing now. Parts arriving this week. I got the 4 bolt steering column, and the hubs from a local golf cart junk yard $115. Planning on fabbing up the mounting plate and changing the shock mounts. (the junk yard wanted to much for the frame.) Glad to see one done and confirmed my plans.
mjvaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 05:26 AM   #14
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

It's actually a lot easier to fabricate your own plate for the column rather than changing out the front end of the frame. As long as you can figure out your top mounts it should be quite easy.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:28 AM   #15
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, the only reason I cut in the whole front section is because I want to use 3 Bolt frame front section on another cart so I can reuse a lift that I already have.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts