lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #11
ecaldwell78
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: TXT Limo Kit

Thanks for the kind words all. It really was a great experience with the boys. I know I'll look back on that particular build with fondness just because of how involved they were.
Never thought about truck bars MLJ, so thanks for the tip on that! My dad was the fire chief here in town (retired now) and he gave me the name of one of his fire truck builders. So I may contact them and see if we can't work something out.
ecaldwell78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #12
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have used the ez go kit it was complete and the first one took longer but the next three went faster.it has all the factory shift cables and trottle cables .i built a yamaha my self and the frame is the easy part.
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #13
doo dah
Gone Wild

Resurrecting. I have a 2013 TXT gas and looking into the stretch kit because a 6 seater would better serve us at the beach. Thought about selling mine then buying a new L6 but saw the stretch kit. Reason I'm thinking of it is because I have a Jakes long travel front kit, 25" tires, after market clutches, etc...so getting all that on a new L6 would put me around 15k and I might be able to get 5k for mine. I can't find who the manufacturers are or any instructions; can someone provide links to these or a kit recommendation?
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:55 PM   #14
jameslinn83
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaldwell78 View Post
Well I figured I would update this thread. The stretch is done. It was very easy. The most difficult part for me was taking a perfectly fine 2011 Ezgo and cutting it in half. My two boys, 8 and 9 year olds, were really excited through the entire process and helped where they could. My 9 year old thought he wanted to learn how to weld until he watched me do it. Even though he didn't want to do any welding, he really enjoyed watching. Thank goodness I have multiple welding helmets!

We are still waiting on the seat covers to show up (ordered them from up to par over a month ago) but she runs out very straight and strong.

I would still like to find some diamondplate rocker covers. I thought there may be some for an Express L6 out there but I have yet to find any. I contacted some metal bending places and for what I want it's looking to be in the $300 range. I cannot justify that.

One other thing I will pose as a question to the collective here is NERF BARS. My mother has trouble getting on and off the cart. I have seen several sets for standard length carts and even some for stretched club car but nothing for stretched Ezgo. I'm open to some fabrication of the mounts to get anything to work. So what has everyone done for custom nerf bars in stainless?

Enough rambling, here are a few pics. If anyone has questions feel free to ask and thanks for looking.
How big is the top and where did you get it from ? Where did you end up getting your stretch kit from? Looking at stretching a 2016 ex go txt.
Thanks for any help...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
jameslinn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #15
Kenski77
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2002 stretched and have no issues. Works great for our family of 6.
Kenski77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #16
Bobf074
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Well I figured I would update this thread. The stretch is done. It was very easy. The most difficult part for me was taking a perfectly fine 2011 Ezgo and cutting it in half. My two boys, 8 and 9 year olds, were really excited through the entire process and helped where they could. My 9 year old thought he wanted to learn how to weld until he watched me do it. Even though he didn't want to do any welding, he really enjoyed watching. Thank goodness I have multiple welding helmets!

We are still waiting on the seat covers to show up (ordered them from up to par over a month ago) but she runs out very straight and strong.

I would still like to find some diamondplate rocker covers. I thought there may be some for an Express L6 out there but I have yet to find any. I contacted some metal bending places and for what I want it's looking to be in the $300 range. I cannot justify that.

One other thing I will pose as a question to the collective here is NERF BARS. My mother has trouble getting on and off the cart. I have seen several sets for standard length carts and even some for stretched club car but nothing for stretched Ezgo. I'm open to some fabrication of the mounts to get anything to work. So what has everyone done for custom nerf bars in stainless?

Enough rambling, here are a few pics. If anyone has questions feel free to ask and thanks for looking.
Heres what I did after the wife couldnt get in post lift kit!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Bobf074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #17
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #18
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
What stretch kit did you end up going with. About to undertake this project and need to order everything
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #19
doo dah
Gone Wild

I used https://www.extremekartz.com/ez-go-t...-limo-kit-gas/ and it worked out well. Didn't have to weld but I did and you need good mechanical knowledge to run wire, rig throttle, brakes, etc...I still haven't been able to get the brakes adjusted correctly. I have a thread on my build in case it helps https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=162087. Extreme Kartz was great to work with and ended up being the best price I found for my roof, stretch, seats, and several other items.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 11:41 PM   #20
Duncan Millar
Not Yet Wild

So that looks fantastic! What kit did you use and what seat pod, did it come with the kit? Looks super sharp! 👍
Duncan Millar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO