lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2020, 12:43 PM   #11
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Cushman Hawk Brakes

I made up a puller for my rear wheel hubs out of a piece of 1/2" steel plate I had kicking around. The 1/2" plate is overkill, but it is what I had ... 1/4" or 3/8" should work just as well.

The series of pictures should be self explanatory ... of course I removed the wheel hub retaining nut prior to pulling the hub ... although the pictures does not show that.

To pull the last part of the hub, I positioned a small 1" long bolt over the axle stub and then used the wheel hub pulling plate to finish the pull.

No hammering required
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3375.jpg (316.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3376.jpg (320.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3378.jpg (295.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3409.jpg (332.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3371.jpg (338.8 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2020, 03:51 PM   #12
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

That's quite a wheel hub puller ! The one being sold to do this is just a 3-4" piece of hex steel with a blind hole centered in one end that is about as deep as the threads on the axle. The internal bore of this hole is threaded to match the axle, and the bottom of the hole is flat so the axle butts up flat to it. It is screwed on by hand until it hits. Then a sharp rap with a big hammer moves the axle suddenly lengthwise and the inertia of the hub helps pop the hub off the taper.

Here is an older post that I made in response to this problem. It may help some. Dennis usually has these hub pullers in stock. That is where mine came from.

Charley

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=118957
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #13
Grantliala

Default -

Hi I have noticed last few days a sort of screeching noise.. i thought it was engine related or something , but when i got home and parked up earlier i noticed it went if I pressed the brake pedal so its not engine related.. when I released it came back .. how would the brakes make a screeching sound when parked up? Any advice would be helpful thank you
Old 11-27-2020, 09:52 PM   #14
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Have you been driving it lately, or was this after it had been parked for an extended time? If I don't use mine for several weeks, especially if it has rained during that period, the brake drums will develop rust on the surface where the shoes rub, and will drag and squeak some when I first begin to use it again, but after a few trips up and down the road and applying the brakes so they drag without actually trying to stop the truckster, it will remove the rust and they won't squeak or grind any more.

It's worth a try.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts