lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #11
pleighdammet
Professional jerry rigger

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 CC Carryall 2 Vanguard 18hp motor swap build

looks like it HAS to go forward. lose the hour meter and relocate oil filter and from what my one eye sees in the pics it looks like itll go. don't get discouraged, youre finding ways it wont work. keep going til u find one that will
pleighdammet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2015, 07:10 PM   #12
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleighdammet View Post
looks like it HAS to go forward. lose the hour meter and relocate oil filter and from what my one eye sees in the pics it looks like itll go. don't get discouraged, youre finding ways it wont work. keep going til u find one that will
The hour meter isn't even close to being the problem. The motor is moved as far forward in the slots as it can go. Actually, it could go about 1/2" closer but the bottom bolts that hold the motor down hit the front crossmember. I would have to shim the front of the plate to allow for more forward movement and clearance. I am gonna take some 1/2" bar stock and make a solid spacer in the rear and then some 3/8" stock to raise the front. This will allow for more rear clearance.

Is there such an item as the oil filter relocation brackets or device? I've seen them for race cars and such but haven't been able to find one for a B&S motor.
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #13
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Briggs sells a relocation kit. I run without the filter.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:26 PM   #14
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did a little research and found one. A little pricey. Spent a little time this evening staring at the throttle linkage and motor placement. I may just ditch the idea of using the push/pull system on the transaxle and connect directly to the bell crank. Just gonna probably have to braze some sort of retaining bracket for the cable to attach to.
I don't know that the relocation of the oil filter is gonna happen at $160. I don't have a block off plate so, I'm just going to run the filter the way it is.
I did get the cart up on jack stands so I could see underneath and, I definitely have the motor as far forward as it will go without hacking the crossmember. I may just get me a whole new plate of steel and weld into place my own motor plate. Obviously, this plate from Vegas Carts isn't made for every CC. I am not surprised. My overall experience with them has be just short of a nightmare. I can't say I could do things better, but I will say I can do what I need for my specific application.

I'm kind of excited to see this just not work out. To have to start from scratch. My wife wants this thing done and our other golf cart sold and gone. But, this may just be the slow project that teaches me to enjoy the journey. I have always said, man, I'll "be happy" once it's all done! I think its time to be happy with "now" and the journey I get to experience.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #15
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny73 View Post
I did a little research and found one. A little pricey. Spent a little time this evening staring at the throttle linkage and motor placement. I may just ditch the idea of using the push/pull system on the transaxle and connect directly to the bell crank. Just gonna probably have to braze some sort of retaining bracket for the cable to attach to.
I don't know that the relocation of the oil filter is gonna happen at $160. I don't have a block off plate so, I'm just going to run the filter the way it is.
I did get the cart up on jack stands so I could see underneath and, I definitely have the motor as far forward as it will go without hacking the crossmember. I may just get me a whole new plate of steel and weld into place my own motor plate. Obviously, this plate from Vegas Carts isn't made for every CC. I am not surprised. My overall experience with them has be just short of a nightmare. I can't say I could do things better, but I will say I can do what I need for my specific application.

I'm kind of excited to see this just not work out. To have to start from scratch. My wife wants this thing done and our other golf cart sold and gone. But, this may just be the slow project that teaches me to enjoy the journey. I have always said, man, I'll "be happy" once it's all done! I think its time to be happy with "now" and the journey I get to experience.
That's a great attitude!
You can either buy a block off plate, or make one yourself. All it does it feed the oil directly back into the motor.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:58 PM   #16
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
That's a great attitude!
You can either buy a block off plate, or make one yourself. All it does it feed the oil directly back into the motor.
So if I just got a piece of aluminum and made a plate, I don't need to use a mill and make any return oil channels? If that's the case, consider it done!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:59 PM   #17
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

A return channel is needed.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:57 PM   #18
comet8871
Getting Wild
Club Car

Good luck with this project! I can tell you this is a great group of people an they will help you all they can.wishing I could help you more but haven't been able to work on mine lately but I hope to start back tomorrow.
comet8871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:43 AM   #19
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet8871 View Post
Good luck with this project! I can tell you this is a great group of people an they will help you all they can.wishing I could help you more but haven't been able to work on mine lately but I hope to start back tomorrow.
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked to have found these guru's. As with most of my projects, it takes me some time to get the idea's flowing and the dust off the incentive gearing.
Hope you are getting grease under those pretty nails today and allow yourself the cave dwelling/wrenching your heart desires!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:57 AM   #20
pleighdammet
Professional jerry rigger

Club Car

i found the motor plate to relocate the oil filter for $40 on sears.com. a VW oil filter mount for $15 on ebay. some brass hose barbs and quality fuel line and ill have about $70 in it. im not comfortable knowing I have to change the oil every other weekend I guess. im still working on this part of it but its the setup I intend to use
pleighdammet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!