lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2021, 06:22 AM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Front Disc brake issue...any thoughts?

Most any of the big box auto parts store will sell the replacement dust boots for the tie rods.
I just recently ordered a 7 degree taper reamer to repair/clean up the tie rod holes for a snug fit.
Some of the lesser cost/quality lifts don't come with the tie rod holes tapered, just a straight hole!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2021, 08:33 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Most any of the big box auto parts store will sell the replacement dust boots for the tie rods.
I just recently ordered a 7 degree taper reamer to repair/clean up the tie rod holes for a snug fit.
Some of the lesser cost/quality lifts don't come with the tie rod holes tapered, just a straight hole!!
You just provided me (and others who read these post) with some valuable information!

I assume the taper for all tie rod end connections is 7 degrees? Can you provide a link for the reamer you bought to do this job? I know care must be taken to "clean up" a taper.....perhaps you could post the method of what to look out for and what NOT to do when attacking this job?

I did some internet shopping for new spindles if those tierod ends on the spindle arm were really bad. Right now it's impossible to find spindles with the Jake's Brake's caliper mount that is welded to the spindle unit. So...any repair that would help will keep a cart working!!

Thanks.
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:31 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Just one more note: I just finished up setting the toe in on the cart and it's no longer "scary" to hit the brakes at a faster speed.

However, (always a "however") I do need to do the same "Bubba" fix on the tie rod ends that connect to the steering side of the tie rod. I noticed they have the same play....although not as much, as the tie rod ends did.

For now I have a slight pull to the right when braking hard....and the cart travels in a straight path when moving or accelerating forward. I think the "fix" of the other ends of the tie rod will eliminate any pull as long as my toe in setting is right.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:47 AM   #14
crash12888
Gone Crazy

This is the one I have, read the whole description.
It is not a drill bit, slow RPM with plenty of cutting oil and light on off pressure.
Maybe even google/Youtube proper use procedure but it works great

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20217979387...IAAOSwZrJajyPB
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:32 AM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
This is the one I have, read the whole description.
It is not a drill bit, slow RPM with plenty of cutting oil and light on off pressure.
Maybe even google/Youtube proper use procedure but it works great

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20217979387...IAAOSwZrJajyPB
Old 10-18-2021, 03:36 PM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Oh....and post script.....post script.....

The ft\lb setting for the wheel lugs is 55-ft\lbs.

The maximum ft\lb of a 1/4" drive Dewalt 20V impact driver is 117-ft\lbs.

If you keep the impact driver on until the nut quits turning, it's overkill and it can (and will) cause your aluminum hub to crack.

Ask me how I know this?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO