lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2021, 11:34 AM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lithium upgrade information continued

Fairly equal 48V packs can be run in parallel each with it's own BMS. Parallel is ok, series is really not ok. Two packs in parallel will always be at the same total voltage by definition. The BMS's will then keep the cells in that bank balanced - which means the whole thing will be balanced.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2021, 02:43 PM   #12
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

True as long as the cells are of high quality, in tip top shape, and have a very similar internal resistance. If this is not the case then pack with the lower internal resistance will supply more current during discharge and take more current during charging.

They will of course balance when current drops off but in the extreme case you could have one pack’s BMS trip on high current because the cells in the other can’t keep up.

I will always recommend one single BMS managing the entire pack.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:08 PM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayres74 View Post
Why would 48 volt batteries in parallel not be best choice? Seems in that configuration you can actually get better amp draw from multiple batteries instead of just 1 pack such as the roypow. If you put 2 big battery.com batteries and you can have a Max 252 amp draw. If you put 4 it doubles to 504 which means someone who has a 500 amp controller can now set it to 500 max. 1 box roypow you are limited to the 250 max.
Sorry I didn't get back to answer this. But the three members who did answer it are much smarter than I am anyhow!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #14
JC@TSR
Not Yet Wild

Can someone point me in the right direction on programming the Alltrax Controllers. I have a SR48500 running my 36v cart. I'm upgrading to 48v Lithium and would like to know if I need to change anything and or adjust the controller for this.
JC@TSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 10:00 AM   #15
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a sepex cart so mine is different.

The stuff that won't apply to your cart that I changed was the max RPM, field mapping and regen stuff.

The stuff that should apply to your cart are the voltage settings (I set the LV cutoff to halt the cart before the BMS would), the max battery amps (depends on what battery you have but 300 battery amps max is probably where you'll end up), the throttle rate and speed curve. Lots of fooling around with those to get the feel I wanted.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO