lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2020, 06:02 PM   #1
Jaybird18
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default rxv

would it be worth while to keep spare parts on hand? motor brake or solenoid?
Most of the time my cart is used while camping at various places.
Jaybird18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2020, 07:55 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: rxv

I'd keep a solenoid and a charge receptacle with me. The charge receptacles I have had to replace were due to over watered batteries where acid came out the vents and corroded terminals on members carts at the club. I'm the 'go to guy' at the club for cart repair.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:30 AM   #3
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I keep a motor brake and solenoid in my camper. Had two occasions (different carts) where a motor brake went bad and had to travel over an hour to get one from a dealer. They were almost triple the price as well.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
Jaybird18
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I keep a motor brake and solenoid in my camper. Had two occasions (different carts) where a motor brake went bad and had to travel over an hour to get one from a dealer. They were almost triple the price as well.
jneubig that's my fear. being at a campgound on a weekend and have a failure.
Jaybird18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 05:42 AM   #5
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird18 View Post
jneubig that's my fear. being at a campgound on a weekend and have a failure.
Completely understand. Keep the two in my "essentials" box along with LED awning light strips, propane hoses, plumbing fixtures, etc. All the goodies I have needed in the past traveling in our "mobile mansion".
Old 08-17-2020, 09:25 AM   #6
mowinman2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
Ive been thinking of doing the same as we use ours while camping too. I wouldnt want to pay 3x as much, so do you mind sharing where you bought your spare parts?
Thanks!
mowinman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Found them on eBay. The most important thing is to purchase an OEM brake. No aftermarket or heavy duty. Same for the solenoid. Also, the solenoid is a 36V, not a 48(doesn't make sense to me either, but that's what they come with).
Old 08-18-2020, 08:13 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My truck is a rolling parts department I have relays, a controller or two, cable and who knows what else. I also have a couple of the old motor brakes with the handle. They were pull offs being replaced just because. Not new but will work until the new one shows up.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO