lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
Quickshippaul
Not Yet Wild

Default Powerwise II issue

I recently noticed my neutral wire from my 110v power source had fried my relay inside my charger. My fault, noticed the connection was loose and didn't tighten it. So I ordered a new relay for 50.00. installed it and the charger still will not work. So I figured I fried the OBC that the relay is attached too, but before buying a 200.00 OBC I decided to bypass the relay. By doing so the charger works. It works when it is plugged into the cart. When I unplugged it from the cart it makes a different sound and drops down the 0 amps but doesn't shut off. My question is this. If I bypass the relay and the charger is working besides the automatic shutoff does this mean I got a bad relay or that my OBC is bad and needs replaced? If the OBC needs replaced I might as well buy a whole new charger.
Quickshippaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car