lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Default My 2020 Icon I40 review

This is my 7 golf cart I have owned. I have owned a Club Car, Ezgo, and last was a Yamaha AC cart. Hands down the Icon I40 is the best cart ever built IMO. Its fast, handles well, disk brakes are amazing. The cart will top out at 29 MPH without feeling like its squirmy like my Yamaha was when I put the new medium gear in it to do 27mph. A friend of mine has the high gear where the Yamaha does 35 MPH but I will tell you it does not feel safe at all. Comes LSV ready with seat belts, side mirrors, lights, etc. It is fully. loaded.

Also, another plus is no more charging box its built into the cart. Just plug it in and all is well. I also upgraded to 12" GTW Specter wheels with the GTW Fusion DOT steel belt tires. These tires make the cart feel more confident on the road. Well worth the upgrade. The part that amazes me is that these carts are priced right and will beat out any other option out there.

This is by far the best built already street legal cart on the market. Take my advice pass on the Yamaha and give a Icon. I40 a ride. You will be happy you did. I'm glad I did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5516.jpg (22.2 KB, 0 views)
capitalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #2
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: My 2020 Icon I40 review

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalst View Post
This is my 7 golf cart I have owned. I have owned a Club Car, Ezgo, and last was a Yamaha AC cart. Hands down the Icon I40 is the best cart ever built IMO. Its fast, handles well, disk brakes are amazing. The cart will top out at 29 MPH without feeling like its squirmy like my Yamaha was when I put the new medium gear in it to do 27mph. A friend of mine has the high gear where the Yamaha does 35 MPH but I will tell you it does not feel safe at all. Comes LSV ready with seat belts, side mirrors, lights, etc. It is fully. loaded.

Also, another plus is no more charging box its built into the cart. Just plug it in and all is well. I also upgraded to 12" GTW Specter wheels with the GTW Fusion DOT steel belt tires. These tires make the cart feel more confident on the road. Well worth the upgrade. The part that amazes me is that these carts are priced right and will beat out any other option out there.

This is by far the best built already street legal cart on the market. Take my advice pass on the Yamaha and give a Icon. I40 a ride. You will be happy you did. I'm glad I did.
Can you provide some links to the tires/wheels you got?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:10 AM   #3
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

GTW Specter 12 inch Machined & Black Wheel (3:4 Offset)

https://www.buggiesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=19-151

215/40-R12 GTW Fusion GTR Steel Belted Radial DOT Tire
capitalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:33 AM   #4
Skulkingghost
Not Yet Wild

Just bought the exact same cart today, same color scheme. Will be delivered in about 2 weeks. How were the stock wheels? Mine is coming with Wanda 18x8.00-10 | 205/50R10 tires.
Skulkingghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:45 AM   #5
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulkingghost View Post
Just bought the exact same cart today, same color scheme. Will be delivered in about 2 weeks. How were the stock wheels? Mine is coming with Wanda 18x8.00-10 | 205/50R10 tires.
All I40s come with stock with Wanda brand tires.

Stock Wanda tires are very smooth and the wheels you get are standard
on all I40s unless you ask the dealer for a different set for appearance.
I almost did...
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:38 AM   #6
jkpinatl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree with the review above. I have owned several carts, two TXT's, two RXV's, a Precedent, a GEM (if that counts) I currently also have a 72 volt EZ-GO L6 that I love.

Bought a 2020 Icon I60 for a second home in South FL. This cart is amazing for the price. Quieter, smoother, and faster than my L6 (on flat roads....on hills the L6 would smoke it) It also feels better built which is surprising. The range is quite good 20+ miles running 25-30 mph with Trojans (again this is on flat roads which is all I have to run on in S FL).

I am shocked by how much I like this thing. Honestly, if EZGO sold an L6 that could be easily reprogrammed to 25+ mhp I wouldn't have even considered this cart (but they don't). If you want an out of the box 30 mph cart this cart is great.

The one caveat would be the dealer network. In FL you have no issues as it seems there are dealers everywhere and Icon is based in Tampa. I would not have bought this cart if I lived in an area without easy access to a dealer.
jkpinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #7
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpinatl View Post
I would not have bought this cart if I lived in an area without easy access to a dealer.
Have you had to go back to the dealer for anything?

I do see the need for the dealer to reprogram little bits or diagnose any defects from the assembly or manufacturing, but as long as there aren't any initial issues, I don't see needing to talk to the dealer again.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:24 PM   #8
jkpinatl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have had no issues so no visits to the dealer after the purchase so far. I still stand by my statement, I would not choose an Icon with no dealer available especially if there is a CC/EZGO/Yamaha dealer close by. It would just tip the scales too far away from the Icon.

What good is a warranty if there is no dealer available to perform warranty service?
jkpinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:35 AM   #9
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpinatl View Post
I have had no issues so no visits to the dealer after the purchase so far. I still stand by my statement, I would not choose an Icon with no dealer available especially if there is a CC/EZGO/Yamaha dealer close by. It would just tip the scales too far away from the Icon.

What good is a warranty if there is no dealer available to perform warranty service?
Oh I don't disagree with your statement. After reading it though, I was just curious if you said it because of issues or if it was as a matter of common sense.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon