lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default How I got scarey fast

Well I finally got time to put together my build thread. Here are some pictures of the cart I bought for $800. It needed batteries so it was more like $1700 after buying Trojans for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Donna camera 9-27-10 121.jpg (128.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Donna camera 9-27-10 122.jpg (143.8 KB, 54 views)
jedotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How I got scarey fast

and ........
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

The stock cart would only go about 12MPH on flats and was really slow on hills, so I decided to upgrade. I started by upgrading the motor controller and F&R switch and solenoid. I was hopeing to get better performance with that but no improvement. I used an Alltrax AXE 4844 400amp programable controller. If I had known at the time what motor I was going to end up getting I would have gone at least 500amp on the controller.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since I had dipped my toes in the upgrade water, and was not getting the performance I was after, I decided to dive in and make a splash. I ordered an allsport 6" lift 10" wheels and 22" tires. I also ordered some custom made 2gauge cable from ScottyB and for the heart of the beast I ordered a Plum Quick Assassin motor. The lift and tires came in first. Here are some pictures of the assembly. It was pretty easy even though the instructions were minimal at best. Included also is a picture of the motor, controller, and fat 2 gauge cables.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 003.jpg (96.9 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 010.jpg (119.5 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 016.jpg (105.2 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 020.jpg (144.4 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 030.jpg (123.4 KB, 229 views)
Old 04-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
Sneaky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Starting my build this week on my $200 1990 Club Car. Taking the body off and cleaning the frame etc. 6" Allsports Super Sport Lift kit and tires this week. Going to call Scottyb to get the hook up on my electrical needs for the conversion.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Sneaky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How long is your run time with that set up. Can it be driven around for a day with out it going dead? Stop and go how many miles?
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
ttdad1
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Ok so how fast is scary fast?
ttdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Everything had gone smooth to this point but now I had two problems. First was, I managed to back into my wife's Tahoe and severely cracked the right rear fender. Second was the original tires I ordered had a real bad bounce once you got over 20MPH.
For the first problem I started looking at what a new rear body was going to cost me. At the same time I was kicking around the idea of doing a custom paint job. I found a guy in East Texas that would paint a used body and exchange it for what was left of mine. The price was right so problem #1 solved.
For the second problem I contacted Rob at East Coast Custom Golf Carts. I had ordered the wheels, tires, and lift kit from him. He was great to work with I told him about the bounce and that I had taken them to a tire shop to have them balanced. The tire shop said they were too far out of round to balance. Rob dealt with the tire manufacture for me. They said that the tires were not rated for the speed I wanted to do. However Rob was able to get them to exchange them for another tire (also not rated for the speed I wanted to do but do to them being 6ply should be able to handle it). The new tires were Duro Deserts. I took them to the tire shop and they were able to balance them no problem. I put them on the cart and full speed smooth as silk
I have included a picture of the original tire and then the new tire (they look very similar but the duro deserts ride was far superior). Also a couple of pic of the paint job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg donna camera D3100 030.jpg (100.3 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 044.jpg (99.6 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 028.jpg (126.1 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 047.jpg (139.8 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 048.jpg (155.8 KB, 139 views)
Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdad1 View Post
Ok so how fast is scary fast?
35MPH.........Ok it aint real scary, but it was real scary with the first set of tires when they started bouncing after I hit the 20MPH mark. I think if I upgraded the controller from 400amp to 500amp and changed the gears in the rear end the motor is capable of 50+MPH but I don't intend to take it that far. My wife already told me have to get seat belts for it.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
How long is your run time with that set up. Can it be driven around for a day with out it going dead? Stop and go how many miles?
So far I have only run it around the neighborhood I think about 10 miles is the farthest I have gone on it between charges. I made about 3 stops on that 10 mile loop and the rest of the time was full speed ahead.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides