lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
i6overboard
Not Yet Wild

Default Solenoid not engaging; Potentiometer?

I have a 03 club car 48 volt. I have done all the possible troubleshooting i could think of to find out why the solenoid wont engage. The potentiometer recieves its input voltage with a blue wire(48v) from the key switch correct? The green output wire that goes to the 1st micro switch on the F&R switch has no voltage and does nothing when i press the gas. I figured this has to be my problem. Shouldnt it be outputing 48v to close the solenoid when i apply the gas pedal?
Where does the solenoid get its voltage to close? it has to be the green wire(which changes to white and black) right? The only other wire on the solenoid is the yellow one that goes into the OBC. Im guessing the yellow wire provides the ground. The cart charges fine so i guess the OBC is still functioning.

Also i used an ohm meter and checked the yellow wire at the controller from the potentiometer and it appears to functioning correctly, varies from 1 to 30.

Thanks for any help
i6overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid not engaging; Potentiometer?

Verify with your voltmeter that the OBC is sending the negative to the solenoid... it can fail in this chore and still regulate the charge cycle... If you have the constant negative ~ then the trouble is on the positive side or with the solenoid itself..... never hurts to bring the activation currents to the solenoid via little jumper wires to verify it is working.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

there is another switch in the mcor it turns the solenoid on.
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
i6overboard
Not Yet Wild

Turns out after i swapped the potentiometer for a spare I had, the green wire I suspected was the problem gave me my 48 volts of output when the pedal was depressed and closed the solenoid. Problem fixed.
I just wish their was a diagram that would give us the correct voltages/outputs for the circuits, I could have found the problem sooner.

Thanks for the help guys.
i6overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car