lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Clean Slate - Which Block??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@Dixie Sales View Post
Hey You Guys Hearing Crickets???????? Wth.
I shure do! Thats because my "Vangaurd" isn't "fired" up ! Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #12
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Fire her up Dave and run off them crickets. LOL Hows that latest big block project?
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yeh. I'm hearing crickets cause I thought Tom asked Mike why he prefered Honda power over Vanguard or ? And I thought I was gonna get to sit back and hear a two experts discuss the virtues of one maker verses the other BUT, instead, it got quiet in here....

Guess I'll go watch ANGEL'S Baseball?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #14
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I've done both Honda and Briggs...Both are solid engines! Its the parts and peices that make the installation process. If a car owner is a fabricator, no problem, buy the engine you want and make it work. If your not so mechanicly inclined...buy a kit and you will be very happy with the results ! Tom, if you get a chance, take a look under "lowered cars/G8 build". My latest build is in the body work stage...........and i'm no body man !!! Later Dave
Old 05-25-2008, 11:00 PM   #15
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Dave we have sold both also and dropped the Honda in favor of the Vanguard. Thats why I was curious why he liked the Honda better. We found the vanguard starts better (the NewGuy still does not have a choke after 3 years) the 18 seems to not need it.Vanguard also idles a little smoother and quieter. Add the huge amount of performance parts out there for the vanguard and it just seemed to fit our need better. The Honda actully cost us less than the Vanguard so it wasn't a money issue.
Just curious.

Dave the new project looks great, You are doing a awesome job. I'm with you on the fiberglass work I'm workin on a 57 chevy . I HATE FIBERGLASS!!!!!!!! I'm going for the Slamed to the ground look 215/35/12s 6:1 gears and major modified 23 with dual exhaust. It will be my new ride to work. LOL
Old 05-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #16
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Mike,
Just curious we have sold both, Why do you like the Honda?
Crickets? I never saw your question - it's not like I live in this website and look over each and every post! Besides, my posts seem to get attacked from all sides whenever there is a controversy, so I just avoid those discussions. I have a Very Busy Shop to run, so my read time is limited to every - so - often.

To answer your question, I like the Honda because of the performance and the reliability of the engine. We use the kit from Strech - Yes it's pricey when compared to other kits, but I think the Honda is a more solid engine. What you have may be different? I don't know - BGWers seem to like and promote it, so I felt best to avoid this post

The kits we sell include everything you'll ever want to add:
Engine
Clutch
Engine cradle / Hardware
Belts
Rear coil suspension (we do NOT use this item)
Cold air intake
2 into 1 header and muffler
Wiring

We're a high end shop. I don't look for the cheapest parts or alternatives to put in my carts. That's why we ship them all over the USA. I stick with what works for us and don't deviate. I have some of our Honda V-Twin engine carts at rental companies on the Gulf coast. They can't keep them at the store, meaning that they are out on rentals every day. No down time, very reliable, industrial use OK, ease of mind, no phone calls - I choose Honda...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #17
zarak
Not Yet Wild

Red face Re: Clean Slate - Which Block??

Guys.

I don't wanna be responsible for creating tension between two of our most knowledgeable experts

Moreover, I'm pretty sure that this Honda vs. B&S issue won't EVER be solved because it's more a matter of preference than anything else

I'm sure both Mike and Tom are quite knowledgeable about the subject, and that any member here would be more than happy with their results.
zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #18
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Zarak,
Hey no tension here, I was just curious as to why he favored the Honda. Not so much from a personal point more from a dealer point. As I said we have sold both and I have personally owned and abused both. Didn't matter why just curious.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #19
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Crickets? I never saw your question - it's not like I live in this website and look over each and every post! Besides, my posts seem to get attacked from all sides whenever there is a controversy, so I just avoid those discussions. I have a Very Busy Shop to run, so my read time is limited to every - so - often. > No "attacking here" I think all posting just wanted your input.

To answer your question, I like the Honda because of the performance and the reliability of the engine. We use the kit from Strech - Yes it's pricey when compared to other kits, but I think the Honda is a more solid engine. What you have may be different? I don't know - BGWers seem to like and promote it, so I felt best to avoid this post > Please don't avoid the posts, you have an opinion..it may help others decide there build. I am abit suprized you don't build your own "kits". I understand your a EZGO distributer, but if you offered the other car manufactures "Honda" engine kits, it could be the same as "Ford verses Chevy" situation and all the "tweekers" would post. Personally the Honda was a "tight fit" into the Yamaha.

The kits we sell include everything you'll ever want to add:
Engine
Clutch
Engine cradle / Hardware
Belts
Rear coil suspension (we do NOT use this item)
Cold air intake
2 into 1 header and muffler
Wiring

We're a high end shop. I don't look for the cheapest parts or alternatives to put in my carts. That's why we ship them all over the USA. I stick with what works for us and don't deviate. I have some of our Honda V-Twin engine carts at rental companies on the Gulf coast. They can't keep them at the store, meaning that they are out on rentals every day. No down time, very reliable, industrial use OK, ease of mind, no phone calls - I choose Honda...
Yes you do have a "high end shop", you should be proud of the work you do! In my opinion...I don't think the "Vangaurd" is a "cheaper" engine...just another choise....with alot more upgrade build options, but I would not hesitate to put another Honda into my next build. Thanks for your posts and input. Later Dave
Old 05-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #20
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Dave we have sold both also and dropped the Honda in favor of the Vanguard. Thats why I was curious why he liked the Honda better. We found the vanguard starts better (the NewGuy still does not have a choke after 3 years) the 18 seems to not need it.Vanguard also idles a little smoother and quieter. Add the huge amount of performance parts out there for the vanguard and it just seemed to fit our need better. The Honda actully cost us less than the Vanguard so it wasn't a money issue.
Just curious.

Dave the new project looks great, You are doing a awesome job. I'm with you on the fiberglass work I'm workin on a 57 chevy . I HATE FIBERGLASS!!!!!!!! I'm going for the Slamed to the ground look 215/35/12s 6:1 gears and major modified 23 with dual exhaust. It will be my new ride to work. LOL
Thanks Tom...Please post some pic's of your 57 build in "lowered" section. I think many would enjoy it!!!! Later Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!