lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
pudycatz
Not Yet Wild

Default Micro switch Question

I have a 93 CC which has the same problem as a post on another thread. The cure was the bottom micro switch. Mine will spark when pedal is pushed down a little. My question, is the bottom micro switch a two terminal or three, what does the switch control and are the switches easy to get to. I wouldn't mind trying a $3. part to see if it corrects my problem. Thanks
pudycatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
garsm
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Micro switch Question

The micro switch on my old ez go was a two terminal. The micro switch is what allows the starter to start the engine when you press the gas pedal. It connects the switch when you push the pedal. Then it turns off when you take your foot off the pedal. I know sometimes the wires get very hot on those so check to make sure your connections are tight and there are no splits in the wires.
garsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
pudycatz
Not Yet Wild

thanks "garsm". I would also like to know if these switches are easy to get to
pudycatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
garsm
Not Yet Wild

Gee, I dont know I never looked for one. You could try ebay of course!
garsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Microswitches are a breeze to access, remove, and replace. A "Spin Tight" socket/screwdriver is all you need. The cost of each microswitch SHOULD BE under $4.00/each at your golf cart parts dealer.

Having said that, I replaced each of mine with three-way switches (one of the OEM's was a two-way and another had one of three wires as a factory closed end), took photographs of colored wires and pole locations on the switches. Three-way switches have three poles:
NO - Normally ON
NC - Normally Closed
COM - Common

The connectors are blade-type push on. Make sure you CORRECTLY reconnect the right wire to the right pole and you SHOULD be good to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MICROSWITCH.jpg (32.3 KB, 15 views)
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spark
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car