lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
flyons78
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 48v Lithium Pack Shopping on eBay. Advice Needed

Unfortunately my old 48v Leaf pack swelled due to over-discharge while I was recovering from an injury (at least that's what I think caused it). Now I'm shopping for a new pack. I'm happy to see much lower prices than when I bought my 48v Leaf pack, but also lots of options. My original pack was from Nick at EVBC. I'm most familiar with the Leaf packs, but I'm hesitant to use the BMS that came with my old pack. I've heard stories about it over-charging, which I still haven't entirely ruled that out with my old pack.

First Question - Can anyone recommend a stable BMS that is easy to configure with any pack I get? I'm assuming I can use the same charger that Nick gave me as long as the connectors are the same?

Next Question - WAY too many options that look perfectly suitable for my 48v Cart. I'm looking for something with around 90ah. What should I get?

I really like this "2017 BMW i3 Li-ion 48V 92AH 4.1kwh battery module" from AZLithium. Would it be a good solution? Sounds like I just need to add proper connectors and a BMS?
Here is the eBay listing URL

Any help is greatly appreciated!
flyons78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48v Lithium Pack Shopping on eBay. Advice Needed

I use the zeva bms easy to.configure and change with the monitor

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: 48v Lithium Pack Shopping on eBay. Advice Needed

As far as recommending a BMS goes; I would encourage you to look at the ZEVA BMS and display. It's been very easy to control charging/discharging parameters and the HUD is great for knowing exactly how much ah is left in the pack or how may amps I'm pulling at any given time.

www.zeva.com.au

The BMW pack you linked looks good but I think it lacks the performance benefit of the higher voltage the Leaf pack gave you since it's only a 12 cell module vs the Leaf's 14 cells. The range looks very goo though.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car