lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
aft_cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent dual action overload rear leaf springs - purchased new but they look used?

Ordered a set of the dual action overload leaf springs to replace the stock ones on the cart. I ordered the 2 pack set with the bushings (SPN-2030 I think). It arrived today and I opened it up to see the springs had a lot of surface rust, what looked like some wear from metal rubbing on metal on other parts.

If anyone has ordered those parts, could you advise if yours arrived the same way? I was concerned that I somehow ended up with a used or returned pair shipped out. I'm going to try to clean the rust off and see if its just some surface rust, but it looks like the black coating on the springs is actually chipped off in small spots where it has rusted. It didnt look right to me, but I wasn't sure and wanted to get more feedback. My cart currently has the original springs that have been on there for years and I dont see any evidence of rust (surface or otherwise).

If this is normal for these I don't want to have to go through the return process and wait a few weeks to get replacements, so thought i'd see about getting feedback from other buyers of the same item.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-0169.jpg (124.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-0170.jpg (154.0 KB, 0 views)
aft_cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent dual action overload rear leaf springs - purchased new but they look us

Those look to be new. The sticker shows it too. Springs are fabricated and then sprung and then they are stacked by the 100's. They will not look like a shiny new penny at all. They usually sit in bulk storage areas and scoffs otr surface rust is not unusual.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car