lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
HarleyGolfCartGuy
Not Yet Wild

Default a Hoarders collection Harley Carts and Parts, also whats valuable on hd carts??

well as the title says i recently came across a collection of harley carts and parts and this guy unlike most hoarders wanted to get rid of it. well a deal was struck and now i am offically the owner of 4 harley davidson golf carts, and 5 motors plus countless other parts i havent even gone through.

its nice to join the community and i thank you in advance for the counltess questions i will be asking in the future.

one last thing i wanted to ask is what is teh most valuabe parts on these carts from a sales point of view? i am hoping to sell parts and probalby a couple of the carts to help get my money back out of this deal, since the wifey isnt at all excited as i am that we are no the owners of 4 golf carts and 2 truck loads of parts. (we all know how that goes, happy wife happy life LOL)

thanks guys
HarleyGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2017, 03:36 PM   #2
HarleyGolfCartGuy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: a Hoarders collection Harley Carts and Parts, also whats valuable on hd carts??

couple more pics
HarleyGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:11 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: a Hoarders collection Harley Carts and Parts, also whats valuable on hd carts??

I may hit you up for some parts later!

clutches are worth a good amount as well as the crankshafts.

if you plan on keeping one or more keep some spare clutch parts!

in my experience these things don't seem to be really that popular, you have the hard core Harley and some cart gurus love them.

looks like you have all 3 wheelers which people seem to like. what years do these carts and parts span do you know yet?

If you can lift up the body and snap some pics of the bracing for the body as there is a thread here of some one looking for pics of this.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:28 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The hitachi starter generator also sells easily as they are used on several different carts.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I need a go pedal linkage for a 1976 Harley 4 wheel electric. Please PM me if you have one.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #6
chuckbaynham
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Nice find. Where are you and the parts located?
chuckbaynham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:22 PM   #7
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Unfortunately, these awesome carts aren't worth a whole lot. I see the 3 wheel versions all the time in rough but running condition for around $500. I do see a 4 wheel version in your pics which is much more rare. If it's electric (DE4), you'll spend more on batteries than what it's worth. If it's gas powered (D4), it would be worth fixing up - especially since you now have a stockpile of parts.

The good news? They're easy to work on, they're a blast to drive, they're pretty cool, and there are still a lot of parts available. But be warned... they are addictive!
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:07 AM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

"Worth a whole lot" is a matter of opinion. The carts and parts are rare and valuable depending on where you are and who needs what.

Last edited by lockman1; 04-27-2017 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: No Bashing other members!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:23 AM   #9
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
"Worth a whole lot" is a matter of opinion. The carts and parts are rare and valuable depending on where you are and who needs what.
I saw the full reply before it was edited and I think you might have misunderstood me. They ARE NOT worth a whole lot monetarily. I look on Craigslist and eBay every single day for Harley golf carts and parts - from all areas of the country - so I have a pretty good idea of what they're worth and what they're selling for.

Yes, I think that the cart I'm building is going to be pretty cool and will be better than new, but will it be worth very much? Nope! I'll have WAY more into it than what I could possibly sell it for on a good day. But it doesn't matter and that's not why I'm building it. I'm building it because it's a Harley; they are pretty unique; they should be preserved; I love building things; and so that me and my family can have a lot of fun with it. To me that's "priceless" but it won't change the fact that it won't be worth very much.

Personally, I would love to come across a find like HarleyGolfCartGuy did. A great score! I would probably fix up at least a couple of the carts and sell off the unused parts to help pay for it - some of which can be fairly valuable like raydhd and mikeasis said. Then I would have a great time enjoying my vintage carts - even though, yes, they are not "worth a whole lot".
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #10
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Eh, these carts are like any others. Condition dictates value. $500 HDs? Sure, plenty of those exist. Those ones normally have torn up seats, don't run, messed up bodies. etc. $1500 HDs? Plenty of those exist too. They run and look good because the owners took care of them. I have a couple of '85 Columbias (in that era they were still pretty much HDs) that are gorgeous and I wouldn't let either one go for under $2k.

With respect to Mooncrater, most of the parts needed to keep these carts running are pretty easy to come by still. He has a point in that peripheral parts (seats, steering, suspension parts, etc.) can be a bit difficult to source, though. Fortunately, those types of parts don't go bad often and there are work-arounds when they do.

As far as worth? It's already been said but, assuming they are in decent shape, clutches and crankshafts have a lot of value. I also see a roof frame in one your pics. Those are just about impossible to find. Mufflers also can also bring some decent cash if they aren't all roached out.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson