lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2016, 06:18 PM   #1
dc_customdesign
Getting Wild

Default Trailer Hitch Receiver Install Help

Hello, I am trying to install a trailer hitch receiver. I ordered it, but haven't received it yet. Does anybody have any photos of how to install that they could share with me?
Also I'm wanting to install the heavy duty, dual action, rear leaf springs. I have a 6" spindle lift on it. Any help is appreciate on that also!!
dc_customdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Trailer Hitch Receiver Install Help

Old 09-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Which receiver did you buy? I got mine at Harbor Freight and bolted it to the footrest of my rear seat. It works great.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #4
dc_customdesign
Getting Wild

Doh! I forgot! I haven't been on in some time and I thought it was in my signature!
I think it's an 08 Club Car Precedent. Bought one off of eBay. Trailer hitch with bumper receiver. Item number 222039673194
Old 09-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Ok, I am not very familiar with Precedents, but that hitch looks straight forward to install. It says it bolts directly to the frame.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:36 PM   #6
crash test dummy

rear spring install

hitch install PDF attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20426-Precedent-Trailer_Hitch_Kit.pdf (4.82 MB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #7
dc_customdesign
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
rear spring install
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr4RuVPY1NA

hitch install PDF attached
Thanks for the hitch install PDF!!! I watched that video, but since I have the lift, do I install them just as the old one came off? Above the axle? There was a thread I read about a year ago with pictures about something to swap the axle, or the brake cables, but I haven't found it yet. I can't really remember what it was, but I said I was going to attempt it.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #8
crash test dummy

yea it is a simple swap of where you springs are now , if your brakes worked with the lift then they will work with the HD springs ... it adds about 1" to height
Old 09-05-2016, 10:44 PM   #9
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_customdesign View Post
Thanks for the hitch install PDF!!! I watched that video, but since I have the lift, do I install them just as the old one came off? Above the axle? There was a thread I read about a year ago with pictures about something to swap the axle, or the brake cables, but I haven't found it yet. I can't really remember what it was, but I said I was going to attempt it.
What you're looking for is the first "Sticky" listed at the top of this section.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #10
dc_customdesign
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
yea it is a simple swap of where you springs are now , if your brakes worked with the lift then they will work with the HD springs ... it adds about 1" to height
After adjusting brakes, they work fairly decent. Not like before though. It feels like I don't have as much "slack" in the cable as stock. Thanks for the clarification on it placement. One other thing since you seem to know a lot! Do they make a u bolt I could use in place of the regular bolts they sent with the lift?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car