lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
novakjrp1
Not Yet Wild

Default Madjax Ultimate Light Kit Upgrade question

I added the Madjax Ultimate Light Kit Upgrade to my 2011 Club Car Precedent and have a few questions that I'm hoping someone with the same setup could answer.

1) Should the brake lights (not the tail lights) come on even when the headlight switch is in the off position?

2) Even when my headlight switch is in the off position, my headlight bar lights up when I press the brake (albeit in some sort of dimmer setting, meaning it's not fully bright). Is this suppose to happen?

I could understand if the answer to question #1 is yes, because obviously cars work the same way, but I just want to be sure. Question #2 however doesn't make much sense to me at all. Not sure why the headlight bar would light up when the headlight switch is in the off position. I'm hoping that someone with the same light kit and setup could confirm how theirs works. Thanks in advance for the help!
novakjrp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Madjax Ultimate Light Kit Upgrade question

I don't have one yet but yes they should work just as in a car. You have something crossed it appears.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
Kerrville78028
Gone Wild

1) My brake lights operate when the key is off.

2) Sounds like you have a backfeed from the brake light circuit. Do you have blinkers? With your headlights on, check for the brake lights to work properly.
Kerrville78028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
novakjrp1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the responses. The brake lights seem to work properly, both when the headlights are on or off. It does have blinkers, and they seem to work properly as well. That's what has me stumped, as everything seems to work properly except for the feed back in the headlights when the light switch is in the off position.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #5
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is the relay connected correctly?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
novakjrp1
Not Yet Wild

I did check the relay that goes up behind the dash and I believe it is wired correctly. I tried bypassing the relay by using a jumper connection but was still getting feedback in the headlights.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:24 AM   #7
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

It sounds like you have the headlight wiring hooked into the relay wiring. You shouldn't have any yellow wires going to the relay.

You may have an issue in the turn signal switch. We've used those a ton and had very few problems, maybe 1 or 2 out of 100. They will warranty them.
Cart Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

My cart finally has a fully working lighting system including signals, tail and brake to which if the key is on the brake lights work regardless of headlights just like a street legal car would...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #9
novakjrp1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Sports View Post
It sounds like you have the headlight wiring hooked into the relay wiring. You shouldn't have any yellow wires going to the relay.

You may have an issue in the turn signal switch. We've used those a ton and had very few problems, maybe 1 or 2 out of 100. They will warranty them.
Ok. Thanks for responding. I'll look to see if there are any yellow wires going to the relay. However, if that is wired correctly are you saying that I could have a faulty turn signal switch? And this is what might be causing the feedback to the headlights?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:34 AM   #10
novakjrp1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
My cart finally has a fully working lighting system including signals, tail and brake to which if the key is on the brake lights work regardless of headlights just like a street legal car would...
Thank you for confirming this. Much appreciated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car