lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
select
Not Yet Wild

Default Is this a good deal for me? re:2006 ezgo pd new batteries, $3k

Greetings,

I'm new to golf carts, and I'm looking for someone to drop some knowledge.

I've been renting golf carts for about a year now, just about every other weekend at an average of about $40 per day. We use them at campgrounds we go to. I've got a 27' brand new trailer, a 2010 19' bayliner boat, and now I'm looking for a new toy.

A bunch of my friends got golf carts and suped them up, and spent a ton of money on lifts, and rims, and carbonite dashboards and all that. That's really not me.

What I'm looking for is something that is super clean, and that will give me very little trouble for the next couple of years. And maybe a speed chip. :-)

I found this 2006 ezgo the guy wanted $2900 for with original batteries. It was close to what I want. Very clean, headlights, brake lights, tinted windshield, and the precision drive thing is awesome, it drives like a Cadillac. But, it struggled to get up hills, and since I'm back and forth to the docks often, this wasnt' going to work. I told the guy I might give him $2500 for him because I'd have to put new batteries in it, and instead,he offered to give me brand new 2011 US (whatever the equlvilent to t-105's is in us batteries) for a flat $3k.

I know this isn't the best deal I could possibly get, but I'm thinking that it's not too bad considering I shouldn't have any problems with it for a couple of years or so at least.

What do you guys think? is this a decent deal, or should I keep looking?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M 009.jpg (94.7 KB, 45 views)
select is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
select
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Is this a good deal for me? re:2006 ezgo pd new batteries, $3k

PS, I like the clean white, becuase I could just throw some graphics up there, or even a wrap, and not have to spend too much to get a new paint job.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW. The cart in the picture is a Series, not a PDS, just make sure you're getting what you are buying....but That is an ok deal depending on where you are. Along the Gulf Coast you can get a 2008 with 08 Trojans for $2000 and add $300 for the back seat. Another 600 worth of batteries and you're just under 3 grand for the same thing, only 2 years newer. That one does look clean, just be sure you get the one in the picture. Guys around here post a picture of a really clean cart, in an attempt to sell the 25 beaters they just pulled off the trailer.

What part of the world are you in? That could be a smoking deal??
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
select
Not Yet Wild

We in Central VA, but buying it from a place in the Middle Peninsula (Tappahannock, VA)

I thought that you determine a PDS by the forward/reverse switch on the dash and the run/tow switch under the seat. This one has both of those.

Also, this one has something that sorta feels like power steering on it. Like I said, I've driven alot of rentals, and none of them drove this smooth.

That's why I thought it was a pds. What is the difference? Is a Series better or worse than a pds? if it's a series, that that mean I won't be able to use the 'on the fly' speed chip switch?

Here's some other pics. I'd definitely be getting this cart. I already drove it for 3 days. Batteries we pretty shot though, like I said. That original batteries are in one of the pics below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
Welcome to BGW. The cart in the picture is a Series, not a PDS, just make sure you're getting what you are buying....but That is an ok deal depending on where you are. Along the Gulf Coast you can get a 2008 with 08 Trojans for $2000 and add $300 for the back seat. Another 600 worth of batteries and you're just under 3 grand for the same thing, only 2 years newer. That one does look clean, just be sure you get the one in the picture. Guys around here post a picture of a really clean cart, in an attempt to sell the 25 beaters they just pulled off the trailer.

What part of the world are you in? That could be a smoking deal??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dash.jpg (71.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg old batteries.jpg (88.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (64.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
select
Not Yet Wild

BTW, I also drive a tundra, like in your pic, except mines a DC and is black.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
select
Not Yet Wild

ALSO, i jsut researched the difference between the series and the pds, and it seems that you might have thought it was a series because of the switch under the drivers legs. However, on this cart, what looks like a F/R switch is just a rubber grommet. It doesn't move, and doesn't control anything. The F/R switch is on the dash.

I don't know if this cart was converted or something, but I can tell you it drives like a dream. It has to has that precision drive thing on it. Very smooth, even on bumps, etc. Like power steering.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #7
select
Not Yet Wild

Mystery solved. The dealer sent the wrong first pic. The rest of the pic, and the cart I drove and am buying are a pds. Still very very clean, almost identical.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
select
Not Yet Wild

here's the actual cart I drove. I remember now that it did have a little gold pinstriping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (67.0 KB, 28 views)
Old 08-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
GreshamCA
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I just got the wife a 2008 PDS with new back seat and 2010 Trojans for $2,300 including tax. Just for your reference. I think you can do better. You can get a light kit all day long for less than $100. also he wants too much for the batteries.

Last edited by GreshamCA; 08-25-2011 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: edit to add lights
GreshamCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

G, 2300 was a good deal for what you got. Irmo area ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO