lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 95 DS 48 volt micro switch 3 question

What is the purpose of the 3rd micro switch on the forward and reverse? I have one that intermittently will not run forward. I can manually close that switch and it will run in forward when it's acting up. What is the purpose of the diode on it? Could it be my problem? I've looked at the wiring diagram and it goes to the second throttle spade on the controller. I'm thinking it's the throttle ground maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 DS 48 volt micro switch 3 question

After studying the wiring diagram, I think I have figured it out. I had figured it had something to do with the half speed reverse, but didn't know how it worked. That's a resistor that controls the half speed reverse by resisting the throttle input voltage. I'm guessing the micro switch is intermittently failing when it doesn't run in forward, but will run when I manually engage the switch, it runs because the throttle signal then goes through the reverse side. Failing micro switch. Am I close, or way off base?

Old 09-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

You have a problem with the throttle. The 1/2 speed reverse switch puts a resistor in parallel with the throttle to limit it to 1/2 speed. By manually engaging the switch when in forward, you are giving the controller a 1/2 speed throttle input where there was none from the throttle. Inspect the throttle and I’m sure you will find the issue.
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnA$$ View Post
You have a problem with the throttle. The 1/2 speed reverse switch puts a resistor in parallel with the throttle to limit it to 1/2 speed. By manually engaging the switch when in forward, you are giving the controller a 1/2 speed throttle input where there was none from the throttle. Inspect the throttle and I’m sure you will find the issue.
Thanks, I'll check that this afternoon, but I'm thinking it's the forward side of that micro switch, because the throttle works in reverse and in forward when the micro switch is flipped to reverse while the lever is in forward.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car