lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2017, 11:49 AM   #1
Joe Friday
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2012 Precedent PH, speed code 4 options

I recently picked up out first golf cart, a 2012 Precedent with a PH serial number. I am looking for options to upgrade to speed code 4. The nearest CC dealer is about a 2 hour round trip, and would like to know if there is an option to pull my controller and ship it to a dealer to be programmed. The cart is stock, and I don't plan on a lift kit or oversize tires. Just looking to get a little closer to 20 MPH on a budget. Right now the cart tops out at about 11.5 MPH. The cart has new batteries and a rear facing flip seat.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!
Joe Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2012 Precedent PH, speed code 4 options

You have a Precedent i2 Excel and you can get the SC4 programmed for $80-$100.

Sounds like money is a budget issue or I would recommend just upgrading to a better controller but it sounds like you just want what you need. It does not have to be a CC Dealer to do it. Any cart place (sales, repair, service, etc.) that has the hand held programmer can do it. They just call up CC with your serial number (specific to each one) and get the code after payment.

And for you to remove it and ship it off would be a little difficult for just programming the speed code, but if you have to do it then just be ready as it is not a hard job, but very tedious to say the least.

And that should get you ~19 mph
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:59 PM   #3
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
I recently picked up out first golf cart, a 2012 Precedent with a PH serial number. I am looking for options to upgrade to speed code 4. The nearest CC dealer is about a 2 hour round trip, and would like to know if there is an option to pull my controller and ship it to a dealer to be programmed. The cart is stock, and I don't plan on a lift kit or oversize tires. Just looking to get a little closer to 20 MPH on a budget. Right now the cart tops out at about 11.5 MPH. The cart has new batteries and a rear facing flip seat.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!
At 11.5 MPH you may be on speed code 2 or 3 depending or your tires, ect.
Speed code 3 get's 14.5 MPH I think, would be free with small programming charge.
This they may be able to do a 2 to 3 with no problem with a mail in.

Speed code 4 19.5 MPH requires your serial number from your cart (I think) and controller to send to CC for the code.
They may not accept a picture of the serial number for this upgrade and would need to see the cart.
Also cost's near $100 to get it done.

You could call them and ask what they will do; I know you are looking for opinions first.
Someone here will know.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:29 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

to BGW Joe

I'm pretty sure David at Revolution Golf Cars could do that for you no problem. He's in Augusta, GA, so you'd just ship it to him. He could also adjust some of the other parameters to your liking.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:03 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Or, you could send your motor to plumb quick and let them upgrade it. 225.00 plus shipping. 20+ mph.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:15 AM   #6
Joe Friday
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. I'll contact David at Revolution and ask him about the possibility of a mail in speed code change.

I will also research the Plumb Quick motor upgrade. Any downside to doing the motor upgrade without making any other hardware or programming changes?

Thanks for the welcome to the forum! I have been lurking for a few weeks. We will be using our cart at a summer youth camp, as well as several festivals through out the year. We are thinking of taking our camper to an annual camp ground next year as well.
Joe Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:09 AM   #7
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Side effect of PQ motor is that you lose regen braking. May not be an issue for you but it is something for many to consider. Best bang for the buck is upgrading to an Alltrax XCT controller. Even though it runs about $400-500 depending on the model, it is a solid foundation for future upgrades. Along with reaching your goal of more speed, it will give you much more torque and have the ability to create multiple driving modes for different users. The other options are pretty much money wasted.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car