lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
Chrisnwmsu
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Used Drive2 Quietech

Have you seen many or any used Gas drive2 for sale? What is the going rate?
I don’t need a cart but came across what I thing is a great deal on a 2017. It is 2hrs away so I have not seen it in person. We agreed on $5000 over the phone. Looking at it Sunday.

Has been used on a golf course. Has 130hr. Looks like new.

Am I thinking right? Is this a deal?
Chrisnwmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Used Drive2 Quietech

I recently bought a 2016 Drive efi a few months ago for less than 4K so that may be a little high. That said one of their main plants is less than an hour away so may be cheaper here.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:06 PM   #3
Chrisnwmsu
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Does it matter if this is a quietech PTV? With windshield and cooler. Has headlights etc.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:19 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It all depends on the region. Some places, big golf areas that dont allow gas carts on the courses electric ones fetch more and gas are worth less. Other areas like where I am, you have a hard time giving away electric carts. It's very region specific...

That said, they're around $8k new. While 5k for a 2 year old cart isn't probably.going to be the deal of a century, it's not really getting ripped off either. If it's nice and you like it, ultimately it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'd try and talk them down if you can, never know what they'll say
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:59 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Hmm, $4k for a fleet cart might be a smokin' deal, but $5k might be good for a "optioned up PTV". Real Yamaha Drive 2 PTVs come with real factory lights, and a better gear ratio for speed (about 9.7:1 ratio) can do 25 mph without changing any parts. (But making that adjustment would technically void any warranty). No "speed springs" or other lame party tricks needed. A regular "$4k fleet cart" can't offer that. The "region & locale" part is 100% true. We sell about 15-20% gas carts, more electrics, so when it's time for trade-in, or buying used, a gas cart can sometimes get more money, there's less of them around. While 80% of our "buying new" customers may turn their nose up to the idea of the gas cart, our used gas carts generally don't stick around too long. Funny how that works! (The used gas cart doesn't need $900 worth of new batteries fit in the deal, almost every electric trade in could use new ones). Our used electrics either have 90 day warranty on the batteries, or "as-is" on the batteries, depending on the deal (clearly stated to the buyer in advance, of course, if they declined the price required for a new set). All I'm saying is that the local market tastes dictates prices. Some places it's all electric, no demands for much gas carts. Some places it's most gas, and used electrics are dirt cheap. Some places the market varies for new vs used for the type you prefer (and what's currently available).
One thing that's significantly changed since I started in this industry is that a lot of picky HOAs & courses now refuse access to gas carts to their neighborhoods & courses entirely. If you don't live their EV lifestyle..You can pound sand? That will continue to hurt gas availability in the future, in the new & used market. They usually say "leaking oil", or some BS, because I bet battery acid is better for their grass & pathways.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:36 AM   #6
Godfather
Getting Wild

Last June I bought my 2018 Drive2 Quietech PTV brand new with MadJax rear seat, windshield, full width rear view mirror and upgraded wheels and tires....plus I got the OEM wheel/tires...out the door for $6200. (see avatar of my cart)
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:11 AM   #7
Chrisnwmsu
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Where? That means you got the stock cart for 4500 plus accessories and tax.
I will get one shipped to me for that.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:49 AM   #8
Godfather
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnwmsu View Post
Where? That means you got the stock cart for 4500 plus accessories and tax.
I will get one shipped to me for that.
Here is a link...
https://www.jbcgolfcarts.com/

Keep in mind, prices have gone up in the last 16 months. I did buy the tires and wheels from them when I bought the cart new. They were a take offset that had probably 50 miles on them. The guy that originally purchased them want to go something bigger and more aggressive so he traded these in and I was fortunate enough to be around when it happened and got them for cost. I listed the OEM tires and wheels on craigslist and sold them in two days for what the custom wheels and tires cost. A classic case of being in the right place at the right time.

Give them a call, ask for Jason. He is the owner and will treat you very well.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:33 AM   #9
Chrisnwmsu
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

He does have good prices. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Here is a link...
https://www.jbcgolfcarts.com/

Keep in mind, prices have gone up in the last 16 months. I did buy the tires and wheels from them when I bought the cart new. They were a take offset that had probably 50 miles on them. The guy that originally purchased them want to go something bigger and more aggressive so he traded these in and I was fortunate enough to be around when it happened and got them for cost. I listed the OEM tires and wheels on craigslist and sold them in two days for what the custom wheels and tires cost. A classic case of being in the right place at the right time.

Give them a call, ask for Jason. He is the owner and will treat you very well.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:14 PM   #10
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I bought a 2018 PVT Quietech with 7 hours on it for $6,800. It has a Madjax rear seat, 2" yamaha lift and upgraded wheels & tires. I was willing to spend a little more for it because I was only considering a quietech cart and I wanted the independent rear suspension, high speed gears and the other goodies that come with a PVT. By the way, it's a fantastic cart and I like it better than any cart I've ever driven. With a zip-tie on the governor and 215/50-12 tires, it'll run 30 to 31 mph on flat ground and it's still quiet as a mouse.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha