lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
thodge
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Stereo question

I have 1997 ezego with a 24 hp Honda engine, Iam getting ready to put stereo in it with four speakers, one 10" sub and an amp. My question is, will the charging system be enough to run it or is there something else that needs to be done?
thodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
Wylie_Tunes
Getting Wild

Default Re: Stereo question

This will really depend on the efficiency of the amp(s) you go with and how long you run the system with the engine off. These type of charging systems do not have very robust charging system, so they do not like heavy loads and deeply depleted batteries.
Wylie_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
thodge
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

What is a good brand of an efficiency amp? I was thinking about putting second battery in with a switch for when the cart was not running.
thodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #4
Wylie_Tunes
Getting Wild

Rather then a particular brand, go with an amp thats Class-D topology. For 4 mids and a 4 ohm 10" sub, you could easily go with a small class-D 4 chnl. Im partial to the Arc XDi804.

Or, drive the 4 mids off the head-unit and go with a small mono or 2 chnl to drive just the sub.

A house battery is not a bad idea, as long as its going to be recharged with a smaller charger
Wylie_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I am thinking of doing the same thing but may install a battery isolator to protect the main.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:57 AM   #6
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Can't say about that charging system but I had a deck, 4 speakers, a 1 farad cap, to 10"s subs with a 600 watt rms amp and the stock starter/gen kept it charged no problem.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center