lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Jaybird911
Not Yet Wild

Default Where can I get an electric fuel pump?

I have a G1 and want to put on an electric fuel pump and see from this forum that it is possible. Does anyone know where I can get one, what brand to get and is there anything I should know before attempting this?
Jaybird911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Default Re: Where can I get an electric fuel pump?

You should be able to get a 12 volt fuel pump from any auto parts store like NAPA.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

These work great and are $45-50 at Napa, Advance, Autozone. They're 3-5lbs pressure and work well on gas carts, go karts, lawn mowers.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird911 View Post
I have a G1 and want to put on an electric fuel pump and see from this forum that it is possible. Does anyone know where I can get one, what brand to get and is there anything I should know before attempting this?
Just curious why? Are you having trouble with the current fuel delivery? You can also purchase a "tractor" fuel pump at your local tractor dealer. These are for briggs type engines from 8-18 hp. I used one on my G1 and its great. Cost me like $18.

If you are going electric, be sure to get the "low pressure" unit like someone else suggested. You may even have to run a smaller return line to prevent flooding. On the G1, having an "ignition" power wire is tricky, so the electric pump might have to run all the time, or have a separate power switch for it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
topshelf333
Getting Wild

Just like everyone else said, go to your local pep boys auto zone Napa oreilly auto ect. They will have them there for a good price.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2
topshelf333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
Jaybird911
Not Yet Wild

Loses its prime. Probably need seals. Just looking for an easier fix. Clutch side looks pretty complicated. Flywheeel side looks easy. Can the electric pump be wired so that it goes on when you press the gas pedal and shut off when you let off? Or will I need a seperate manual switch?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
Jaybird911
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Just curious why? Are you having trouble with the current fuel delivery? You can also purchase a "tractor" fuel pump at your local tractor dealer. These are for briggs type engines from 8-18 hp. I used one on my G1 and its great. Cost me like $18.

If you are going electric, be sure to get the "low pressure" unit like someone else suggested. You may even have to run a smaller return line to prevent flooding. On the G1, having an "ignition" power wire is tricky, so the electric pump might have to run all the time, or have a separate power switch for it.
It loses prime. Think it's the seals. Looking for an easier fix. Can this be hooked to the ignition so that it turns on when you press the gas of turn off when you let up?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
topshelf333
Getting Wild

That would be tricky getting that to work properly with the gas pedal. One option that may work is a pulse fuel pump. The engine pulls fuel with each rotation of the cylinder. Not sure if anyone has set them up with a golf cart engine but I know people use them for go carts and what not.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
Jaybird911
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf333 View Post
That would be tricky getting that to work properly with the gas pedal. One option that may work is a pulse fuel pump. The engine pulls fuel with each rotation of the cylinder. Not sure if anyone has set them up with a golf cart engine but I know people use them for go carts and what not.

I was thinking I could wire the electric fuel pump to the hot side of the starter. That way it only got power when I stepped on the gas. Does that sound likr it would work? I think it needs to be wired to whatever power is triggered when I step on the gas.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
topshelf333
Getting Wild

It would work Im just not sure how reliable it would be with the start stop of a golf cart vs the factory vacuum pump on the engine.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha