lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

Default g16 fuel delivery issues, no start

working on a 2000 currently that doesnt want to run. was running fine, then came back to me a couple days after it was lent out. has spark, seems to have compression, noticed an issue with the fuel system though.

when the hoses are hooked up how they should be, tank to filter to pump, pump to carb, and the pulse hose to crank case, no fuel seems to be moving through the filter. but when i disconnect the hose going to the carb and put a hose from the pump going back into the fuel tank, the pump works, cycling the through the pump back into the tank.

this made me figure carb issues, clogged jet or something. but it's been taken off twice and thoroughly cleaned, and currently has a brand new Redhawk replacement carb on it, doing the same thing as if somethings clogged in the carb. even replaced the fuel pump with no luck, same no-pump when hooked to carb, and pump when it cycles back to tank.

where should i look next? ive been trying to figure out what else it could be, and looking all over the forum for any similar issues anyone has had with no luck.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance, i'd be lost without this forum
CCllcAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: g16 fuel delivery issues, no start

When you say seems to have compression, have you checked with a guage yet...should be between 80-120 to run prop. Another thing to check would be to blow back through the pulse line and clean all the way back through crankcase to make sure its not being clogged with engine sludge...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

all the hoses are clean and empty. just had everything taken off. as i said, when i put a different hose from the sending side of the fuel pump and run it back into the gas tank, it flows just fine.

and no i havent checked with a gauge yet, but nothing seems out of order when it hits compression stroke.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Have you tried pressurizing the tank yet?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

pressurizing the tank meaning? havent come across that solution before, then again ive never had this issue til now so it might be worth a shot.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

try putting a air hose in the gas fill hole on tank...wrap a rag around the air gun/blower to sort of seal tank...now put air into tank while trying to run cart in neutral and see if it will run....basically your forcing fuel to the carb with air pressure...
Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

makes sense. but if that solves the issue, what is it that would need to be fixed/replaced?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

also, would that cause any damage to the diaphragm in the fuel pump?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

usually means either the pulse lines isnt providing the needed pulse to inject carb without a boost or the cart isn't producing enough compression to pull fuel through the lines and into carb....
Old 08-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

aiight, that makes sense. i know the pulse line is clear and clean, im still waiting on a compression tester to see if someone jacked the cylinder or rings or something.

ill pressurize the tank and see if that does it and post what i find. thanks a ton for the insight.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha