lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Default fuel delivery issue '84 EZ Go

I've been reading an learning alot since finding this forum. To make a long story short I purchased a '85 Gas EZ Go with a known fuel issue. It would run but you would have to constantly mess with the choke to get do anything and it seemed like it didn't have much power. When it would run it would go for about 20 seconds then act like it almost died before revving back up again. It would just do this over and over.

So I cleaned the carb, blew out the air filter and replaced fuel line and fuel filter. This seemed to fix the issue but it still seemed like it wasn't running as fast as it should and the motor seemed to be running a little rough. So I started tweeking the pilot adjustment screw. This didn't seem to help and eventually the cart got to where it wouldn't even start. I replaced spark plug and checked for spark. I have good spark so I know that isn't it. I then noticed the the clear fuel filter was full of gas and from what I remember from when it was running half way right it didn't fill the filter like that. So I removed the fuel line going into the carb and turned the engine over. A small steady trickle of gas came out and the filter emptied. When I put the fuel line back on the carb and turn the engine over the fuel filter slowly fills back up with gas. So it seem like there is something preventing the gas from entering the carb.

I took the carb off again and cleaned and this still did not help it. Does anyone have any ideas. Now when I try to crank the cart every time the engine turns over I hear a sound that sounds kind of like a back fire but more like a whoosh sound of air coming out of the tailpipe since there is no fuel ignighting. Any help would be much appreciated. I have a new fuel pump on order but something tells me this probably won't fix the issue.

Thanks,
Matt
mattpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO