lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
Hound01Dog
Not Yet Wild

Default OBC Part number

Is there an easy way to figure out what your OBC is if you are not able to pull of the back of the cart easily? I am at work and want to order the OBC but im not positive on the correct serial number. (And my wife isnt mechanically inclined to find it) I have a 2000 DS cart 48V with a Powerdrive Charger. Is there a website i can use to find the correct part number? My carts serial number is A0042-948375 Thank you all in advance for any help!
Hound01Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: OBC Part number

all you should need is the year of cart and model like DS vs reagan.....that should be enough to get you your OBC..........if its a powerdrive the part # should be 1019099-01 .......if its a powerdrive+ should be 1019099-02 the difference is the 01 has a triangular 3 pin plug and the 02 has square 6 pin plug .............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
Hound01Dog
Not Yet Wild

Where do you find that information at? I think its just a powerdrive Im not sure how to know if its a powerdrive + without being at home to look at it
Old 08-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

well you can either look at the OBC on the cart you,ll see the triangular or square pin.....or if you still have just a stock cart it might be on the cart body somewhere unless it was painted.....i see them all the time the stock carts where its says like ingersoll rand powerdrive system.................
Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

If the shop your purchasing it from knows anything about what their selling (which is always a good thing especially on electrical) they will not need the serial number off your OBC just the year and type cart along with the shape of the plug on it as Shadow said. Let them tell you what you need if your using a reputable part dealer. That way if they screw the pooch and send you the wrong one it's on them. I'm told just going off serial numbers on OBC can get you in trouble. Have not verified that.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
Hound01Dog
Not Yet Wild

Well I had my wife take off the back cover and take picture and it says lester part number 21065... Im not sure if this is the original OBC or if it has been replaced? Before I order one ill make sure of the shape of the plug
Old 08-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
Hound01Dog
Not Yet Wild

I have never uploaded pics before So this might not work !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club Car 001.jpg (231.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Club Car 002.jpg (245.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Club Car 003.jpg (203.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

1019099-01 is the one you need......see the plug in the pitcure..........dude you have some serious rust going on back there what gives? i don,t think i have ever seen that before..........................
Old 08-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #9
Hound01Dog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
1019099-01 is the one you need......see the plug in the pitcure..........dude you have some serious rust going on back there what gives? i don,t think i have ever seen that before..........................
Boy it does look like rust in the pic doesn't it?! I live in Oklahoma and like all oklahomans we have red dirt! It sucks to get off when its on there its almost like a mud/clay mix, Even turns our lakes and rivers a red cover, Don't know if you have heard of the Red River on the Ok/Tx state line but thats the same stuff.

I think the PO took it offroad alot. Im going to take the body off and do a thorough cleaning on it before i put it back together. And I guess this OBC is the hardest ever to find because I dont see them anywhere. I guess my goal today is to find one online!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Hound01Dog
Not Yet Wild

Well I just placed an order for that part number OBC after searching high and low the cheapest I could find one was 149 shipped.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car