lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
scrootertrash
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car engine

I have 1990 gas powered club car, engine too worn out to rebuild, I need a good used one or ? to replace. I still use it but it smokes like an old freight train. Neighbors are starting to complain LOL. Any suggestions or contacts for a another engine would be greatly appreciated.
contact scrootertrash@att.net
I live in Riverside Ca. any close contact would be great.
scrootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car engine

Re-bore, piston, rings valve seals and gaskets should be cheaper than a new motor unless the old one is completely shot imo.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

complete rebuild kit that includes everything but camshaft is under 500.00 than engine is like new.......kit comes with crankshaft, balance shaft, .50 oversized piston and rings valve and vale seat, all bearings and gaskets and seals, everything.........useca kit on a engine that was crap and i mean crap...........i was told your wasting your time rebuilding it and that was 4 years ago and the cart still runs like a new one.............your gonna have a heck of a time finding one and whjen you do it won,t be cheap so i suggest buy the complete rebuild kit and be done with it.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
scrootertrash
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
complete rebuild kit that includes everything but camshaft is under 500.00 than engine is like new.......kit comes with crankshaft, balance shaft, .50 oversized piston and rings valve and vale seat, all bearings and gaskets and seals, everything.........useca kit on a engine that was crap and i mean crap...........i was told your wasting your time rebuilding it and that was 4 years ago and the cart still runs like a new one.............your gonna have a heck of a time finding one and whjen you do it won,t be cheap so i suggest buy the complete rebuild kit and be done with it.............................
Thanks for the suggestion, but I forgot to mention the bearing race is hogged out a little so I think I need a crank case as well. I have not taken apart yet except the top end and the local golf cart shop told me the barrel was too far gone to rebore and rering. I suppose I should take it apart and find out what I really have. Any suggestion where I could get parts?
scrootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you should be able to pick up parts from one of the site sponsers or a few of these guys here might be able to help.....................i do agree though i would take it apart 1st and see whats what................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
used or change
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car