lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default 94 CC want to bypass ignitor

I have got a 94 CC gas in here that i want to bypass the ignitor if possible. I have got a replacment coil for the year and i have a coil that has the ignitor built into it. B4 i go order a new ignitor is there a way to bypass the external ignitor and just install the coil with ignitor built into it? I tried searching, but was getting confused. I am a EZGO/yamaha guy, so please go easy on me. Thanks.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 94 CC want to bypass ignitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
I have got a 94 CC gas in here that i want to bypass the ignitor if possible. I have got a replacment coil for the year and i have a coil that has the ignitor built into it. B4 i go order a new ignitor is there a way to bypass the external ignitor and just install the coil with ignitor built into it? I tried searching, but was getting confused. I am a EZGO/yamaha guy, so please go easy on me. Thanks.
Yeah just dont hook it up. It'll work great... Run the wire from the coil, to the RPM limiter, to the kill wire that runs down the side of the engine.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

The coil fires about 3-5 times real strong and than it goes to a very weak/no spark. Does this qualify for a bad coil or is there another issue.

I added another grnd just 2 b sure the eng had a good grnd.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
The coil fires about 3-5 times real strong and than it goes to a very weak/no spark. Does this qualify for a bad coil or is there another issue.

I added another grnd just 2 b sure the eng had a good grnd.
the RPM limiter can cause this, so can the coil and the ignitor... Have you already installed the new coil with built in ignitor?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Yes I have. I got it from red hawk, I ordered a correct coil w/o ignitor first from them and they are identical. Talked to the parts rep and he said they buy them form the same place CC does. Their parts book has OE beside it. I did a search on here and found you could do the coil w/ignitor on the older carts as a replacement. So thats when I ordered the coil w/ignitor

The coil w/ignitor is an aftermarket replacement unit. I have also replaced the rev limitor with an OEM piece.

All in all i have 2 new coils and the orig coil, a new rev limitor, and i have replaced some connectors on the microswitches.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Yes I have. I got it from red hawk, I ordered a correct coil w/o ignitor first from them and they are identical. Talked to the parts rep and he said they buy them form the same place CC does. Their parts book has OE beside it. I did a search on here and found you could do the coil w/ignitor on the older carts as a replacement. So thats when I ordered the coil w/ignitor

The coil w/ignitor is an aftermarket replacement unit. I have also replaced the rev limitor with an OEM piece.

All in all i have 2 new coils and the orig coil, a new rev limitor, and i have replaced some connectors on the microswitches.
I've never had this problem with a new coil... Is it shimmed properly off of the flywheel?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I have had it set at .012 as per my manual and than i have set it at .017 as per this forum.

I wouldn't mind ordering another coil, but i dont work on CC that much and it would just be wasted money on the self. Plus they ain't cheap.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car