lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default gas pedal sticking

The gas pedal sticks on my cart but its not the wiper board or the tabs? The pedal seems like its a bit loose. Also i have no speed control and the resistors and wiper board are good. It has 2 speeds half the time, it has slow and full speed then other times its just full speed.I have to fix this quick because the pedal stuck and my sister ran it into the side of the house.The peddle started sticking after a parade going on and off the gas.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2007, 12:19 AM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: gas pedal sticking

How certain are you the resistors are good? It really sounds like you have a broken one.

As far as a mechanical problem with the pedal sticking down, take joy in WD 40. Drench the contact boar, wiper, and your entire pedal group with it. Then work the pedal up and down rapidly. This works good on a hard f/r switch as well.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Got the pedal working better but im tired of resistors whate does it all take to convert to the new style controller?Im looking to spend up to 500$ tops to change it.If its more ill replace the coils.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

you would spend more than that to convert to controller. a controller alone would hit the $300 + range (probably more) then you would need a potentiometer, micros, new pedal stuff..

Not sure who sells it, but there is an upgraded resistor assembly out there that uses a much thicker metal that almost never goes out. It's about $200 (i think).
Old 10-30-2007, 04:02 PM   #5
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

PM Sent.

****EDIT****

Hey Tim,

I'm not questioning your numbers but you can convert resistor coil EZGO's for ~$275 all in. Their is a conversion board/pot that replaces the wiper board for ~$12O and a used series controller you should be able to pickup around $150 or less. The new board/pot utilizes existing throttle linkage and is good for controllers to 650A. It works well and I always advise anyone with resistor speed control to upgrade via this route. As you know the controller system is much more efficient, easier on pack, and a whole ton safer. Works for EZGO resistor carts '82 to eop. And as a bonus, you lose the resistor board/housing making room for more lead which is never a bad thing.......right? thumbup:

FWIW

Last edited by pggroves; 10-30-2007 at 08:22 PM..
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:14 PM   #6
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Just take that $500 and put towards a n-e-w-e-r c-a-r-t that has a stock controller.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #7
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

My numbers were using a new controller. I don't know of any real reliable sources for used controllers, and I'm not to confident in using used electrical parts.

If you go after market, the alltrax is big bucks, and OEM is more.

A controller is a better system hands down, but considering the age of the car/frame, even $275 might be a little heavy. If he plans on having this car for many years, then a controller upgrade is well worth it, but it would be a time to considering upgrading to a newer EZ-GO (or my preference a CC I.Q.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
PM Sent.

****EDIT****

Hey Tim,

I'm not questioning your numbers but you can convert resistor coil EZGO's for ~$275 all in. Their is a conversion board/pot that replaces the wiper board for ~$12O and a used series controller you should be able to pickup around $150 or less. The new board/pot utilizes existing throttle linkage and is good for controllers to 650A. It works well and I always advise anyone with resistor speed control to upgrade via this route. As you know the controller system is much more efficient, easier on pack, and a whole ton safer. Works for EZGO resistor carts '82 to eop. And as a bonus, you lose the resistor board/housing making room for more lead which is never a bad thing.......right? thumbup:

FWIW
Old 11-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #8
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

I might and might not do the conversion, my dad almost got a electric medalist(maybe even txt) with 1month old batteries with a spun hub, well just as he was about to pick it up some guy on night shift got board and fixed it so now its back in use there, maybe ill wait to see if he can get another newer cart because there eliminating more carts and stuff.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO