lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default OBC must have been bypassed

I'm cleaning up the battery box on a club car DS serial number A9621-500055 as I'm cleaning it up I notice that the OBC must have been bypassed. Because from the back of the charge receptacle there is a #10 wire along with the gray wire going to the pack neg. The lady is still using the factory charger and after reading some post on BGW the batteries wont last long that way. Is that correct?
I think I should order her a charger from scotty, Am I correct? plus what else should I look for in doing this. This cart came from a golf course down the road from us.

Also when pressing the gas all sounds good, but it takes over half way pressed for the cart to start moving. Batteries are at 50.1 volts. you can hear the system activate as soon as the pedal is pushed.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: little help

Yes, her charger is completely manual now and is not correctly charging the batteries and will eventually burn them up. Sounds like everything else in its regard is correct since the charger is operating. Yes, needs a new smart charger or an OBC.

Check and see if there is a V-glide/Potentiometer (pie shape by the batteries) and open it up after removing the pack negative cable. Inspect the arm and the pads and you will probably find excessive wear and geometry differences.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: OBC must have been bypassed

Thanks Noel fan
This cart has a mcor
Old 09-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Then the potentiometer is/has failed in the MCOR. You can try to pump the pedal up and down 25-30 times with the key off and see if it helps. Outside of a linkage problem, the potentiometer inside the MCOR is the culprit.
You can get an OEM one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:30 AM   #5
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Then the potentiometer is/has failed in the MCOR. You can try to pump the pedal up and down 25-30 times with the key off and see if it helps. Outside of a linkage problem, the potentiometer inside the MCOR is the culprit.
You can get an OEM one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
Thanks,
Yes David helps me out a lot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car