lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #11
rhinoman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Digital Voltmeter Display Installed

Given that every meter is going to be slightly different, what's the recommended method of calibrating ? New set of T105's... should I fully charge, wait 1 hour, and then adjust to 38.2 volts ?
rhinoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
Given that every meter is going to be slightly different, what's the recommended method of calibrating ? New set of T105's... should I fully charge, wait 1 hour, and then adjust to 38.2 volts ?
Just use a good digital voltmeter on your batteries and make sure that you match/calibrate the digital display to the same voltage as what the hand held shows. Mine is always within .1 volts of my Sperry hand held digital meter. Whatever your actual pack voltage is will be displayed and at a 48 volt pack, fully charged is near 51 volts, 50.93 to 51.2 and at 50% of depleted pack voltage is 48.41 volts, that's what you should use as your FINAL run for the day before recharging to maximize your battery packs longevity. Also remember to make sure your reading voltage after at least 10 minutes of sitting idle. I did noticed that as soon as I stopped and within a few seconds the reading was about .5 to .7 volts short of what it will read after sitting for 10+ minutes.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #13
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

scubabud.....I've got the same meters coming.....a 20vdc (for the additional 12 battery, and a 200vdc (for the cart's 48vdc)......Did the white "egde" connectors (seen in the first picture, where input and power are terminated) come with the meter?

Just wondering if I've gotta source them some other place.....
rcdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #14
rhinoman
Not Yet Wild

Also - how is the 5V power handled ? I've got the reducer to supply 12V, but haven't really thought about how one would supply 5V.

EDIT: Never mind, just found the 6-15V version :)
Old 05-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #15
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdd View Post
scubabud.....I've got the same meters coming.....a 20vdc (for the additional 12 battery, and a 200vdc (for the cart's 48vdc)......Did the white "egde" connectors (seen in the first picture, where input and power are terminated) come with the meter?

Just wondering if I've gotta source them some other place.....
Yes it did.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #16
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool.....Thx...
rcdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:59 AM   #17
rhinoman
Not Yet Wild

Just to confirm, these displays can only show "XX.X" readings, as opposed to "XX.XX", correct ?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #18
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
Just to confirm, these displays can only show "XX.X" readings, as opposed to "XX.XX", correct ?
As far as the meter I used, and even though the decimal point can be moved, your are correct, xx.x
Old 07-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #19
scubabud

Club Car

Just an update on the Digital meters discussed here. I've purchased 3 so far and now all 3 have had issues, the last two having the Dip Switch's not working properly. I have also sent back one of them and so far have not received the replacement. The seller has had the defective unit since the 27th of June and promised that he sent out the replacement on the 30th. The other 3 took only 3 days maximum to reach me and the seller isn't responding to my emails on this. So at this time I cannot recommend ColdFusionX as a vendor to purchase from on eBay for these types of meters. There are other vendors out there carrying the same product.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #20
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

I too would like to just add for others info that my meter, the 200V one has an occasional screen freezeup and glitches. It is fixed by turning the meter on and off as I have installed a toggle switch..but I just wonder how long the meter will last like this.. mine is just a few weeks old. So far I like having a digital readout at all times, just a bit glitchy. Hey for 20 bucks...it was worth a try.
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car