lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
CChampion
Not Yet Wild

Default Details on Golf Cart

I tried to post a picture but it will not let me until I've been a member for 7 days. I was looking at what I presume is a 2000 model cart made in the 43rd week. Serial number is A0043-*****. I know its an electric cart, but beyond that I don't know much. I'm trying to figure out if its 36 or 48 volt and the owner is not much help. Any way to know anything else about the cart from the serial number. There is a tag on the dash that says "vehicle is equipped to limit downhill speed." I don't know if that means it has regen or not. Also, are these year model carts fairly easy to modify or would a different type or year cart be better to build for a rookie.
CChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Details on Golf Cart

Not easy to modify. That was the last year of manufacture for Regen 2. Upgrading would entail installing a new wiring harness in order to fit a capable/modern controller. Very little is available in the plug-and-play category for performance upgrades on that model. Plus the accelerator mechanism (Multi-Step POT) would most likely need a refurb or outright replacement. If upgrading is your aim, 2002 and up is a better investment.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Joesam is right. It's not desirable, but you're only a wire harness and an mcor 4 conversion kit away from being a 2002+ IQ system. Once you replace the main vehicle harness and install the MCOR4 throttle conversion, you can use any aftermarket IQ components on the market. Not to mention you wouldn't need the AM293201 conversion kit, you'd need the lesser priced AM293101 kit since you're installing a main vehicle harness that's MCOR ready. You won't need the conversion harness from the AM293201 kit. It's really a simple procedure to do the wire harness and the MCOR4 conversion kit will come with factory instructions. It's not bad either.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Joesam is right. It's not desirable, but you're only a wire harness and an mcor 4 conversion kit away from being a 2002+ IQ system. Once you replace the main vehicle harness and install the MCOR4 throttle conversion, you can use any aftermarket IQ components on the market. Not to mention you wouldn't need the AM293201 conversion kit, you'd need the lesser priced AM293101 kit since you're installing a main vehicle harness that's MCOR ready. You won't need the conversion harness from the AM293201 kit. It's really a simple procedure to do the wire harness and the MCOR4 conversion kit will come with factory instructions. It's not bad either.
Make sure you DO NOT get an aftermarket IQ wiring harness! There are many people selling them for the Regen 2.

Get the OEM harness from David Hicks if you want to keep your sanity, and also save money!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #5
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Oh, yes it surely can be upgraded to IQ, but my reply focused on the OP declaring himself a "rookie". That's why I used the phrase plug and play.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:28 AM   #6
CChampion
Not Yet Wild

So how much money are we talking for a wiring harness and mcor 4 conversion? Also, what would be a “good” price for this cart to make it worth all the wiring, and mcor 4 kit
CChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #7
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Champion,
If the 2000 DS is in good shape use your gained knowledge to negotiate a lower buying price for the Regen 2 cart then use that savings to buy an IQ harness and MCOR4. My cart is an IQ converted Regen 2 cart made in 2000 and converting was the best mod I could have done. TahoeDawg has done hundreds of these conversions and can get you everything you need with help along the way.

To answer your question about determining if the cart is 36 or 48 volts just count the batteries and number of cells per battery and add them up. 6 batteries with 3 cells per battery would be a 36 volt cart. 6 batteries with 4 cells per battery would be a 48 volt cart. (each cell is 2 volts).
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CChampion View Post
So how much money are we talking for a wiring harness and mcor 4 conversion? Also, what would be a “good” price for this cart to make it worth all the wiring, and mcor 4 kit
Email me and I'll discuss this with you. I don't post pricing on the forum. info@revolutiongolfcars.com
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car